can we have this??

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
  • It's really cool, where does it come from?

Is it an auto-tiling bitwise based method?!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • What engine is that?

• 9patch with rotation, ehh.

It could be done in C2, just not at edit time.

Presumably doable in C3 with the proposed editor refinements.

Think carefully how you want it implemented.

It can be do either a: as an object like 9patch that rotates, or b: pin behavior on steroids.

Choose wisely.

• It's from the Unity 5.6 Update.

However like newt said, we already have that in C2.

• It's really cool, where does it come from?

Is it an auto-tiling bitwise based method?!

The tiles are not neighbor aware - its just clever graphic design. You can clearly see the corner/edge seam if you look for it.

Can do this in Construct with 9-patch with edges/fill set to tiled. Rotation on 9-patch was something asked for in C2 a long long time ago though...

• OMG, thanks for the information oosyrag and everyone! I missed several epidodes.

When I think back to all the time spent to realize kind of this coupled with procedural.

I will have to look at it more in-depth when I have a little more time in front of me.

• It's from the Unity 5.6 Update.

However like newt said, we already have that in C2.

We don't though - 9-patches don't rotate properly, and it's impossible to edit their collision polys so they're always square. 9-patches are meant more for GUIs than objects in-game.

• In case anyone is wondering pin behavior on steroids would be a behavior like pin that works at both edit time and runtime in conjunction with containers.

I image it would have two parts, a parent, and child behavior, where the parent is applied to the main part of the container.

The main reasoning for such a thing being that you can pin objects together in the editor, and move them without it falling apart.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)