Suggestion for additional feature for the Pin behaviour

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
Wall Pin Board is a hyper causal game developed for fun and inspired by YouTube video whose link is given in description
  • Ashley

The new features added to the Pin behaviour are great but I was thinking as well as the "Destroy with pinned object" checkbox you could have a similar thing for object visibility. If the object its pinned to is made invisible then do the same to the pinned object.

I use Pins a lot with UI and it would simplify the code for toggling the visibility of parts of the UI.

• For the record, here are all the features of a popular Pin+ addon, some of them are quite useful and it will be nice to see them implemented in the official behavior:

• You could take this even further, and pin instance variables, behavior properties, effect parameters, and so on and on. But I think it's unweildly to keep adding more and more. Eventually you end up with huge lists that you have to scroll through, and it undermines our goal to make a simple tool that's easy for beginners to understand. So we have to draw the line somewhere, and I think what we have now is a good point to leave it. Pinning values is easy to do in events as well so it's really just a convenience behavior, I don't think it needs to try to solve this for everything.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Maybe a Inherit Value feature that took a value(s) as a parameter?

EDIT//

Admittedly fairly easy to do via functions

• Pinning values is easy to do in events

Ashley Pinning itself can be done with events...

To me pinning properties like mirror/flip and scale are just as important as pinning an angle. Yes, it's possible to do them with events, but it would make a lot of sense to have these features in the Pin behavior.

• Mirror is negative width and flip is negative height. So you should already inherit mirror/flip if you pin the width/height.

• Even better! So can you please add pin width/height? It will really help with tasks like creating modular characters.

• Pinning width and height was already added in one of the recent betas.

• Oh, sorry, I was looking for a separate action, something like "Pin scale". It's working great, thank you!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)