Suddenly broken .c3p file - preview not working - subscription not recognized [SOLVED]

  • Does anybody know what could be causing this?

    Without changing anything on a .c3p file, it suddenly stopped previewing - in Debug it shows loading 100%, if I click on watch or the GPU profiler it tells me that these features are not in the free edition, even though I have an active and running subscription and I am logged in. Logging out and back in didn't fix it.

    Even if I try to start a completely empty layout it does the same thing!

    I feel very much lost with this.

    Using C3 in Standalone mode, but it doesn't work with C3 in browser either. Previous versions of it work fine.

    SOLUTION:

    The problem was caused by a Function using the built-in functions, which was disabled but ther was an action calling it. This broke the file, even thought the function wasn't actually called, just by virtue of there being this action. enabling the function but disabling it getting called solved problem, as did deleting the function.

    I found it by copying my project and deleting stuff from it until the bug stopped happening!

  • Press F12 and look for any errors in the browser console.

  • It says this:

    action.js:1 Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: Cannot read property 'GetEventBlock' of null

    at C3.Action._SetCallFunctionRunMethod (action.js:1)

    at C3.Action._PostInit (action.js:1)

    at C3.EventBlock._PostInit (eventBlock.js:1)

    at C3.EventSheetManager._PostInit (eventSheetManager.js:1)

    at C3.Runtime._LoadDataJson (runtime.js:1)

    at C3.Runtime.Init (runtime.js:1)

    at async e._InitDOM (domSide.js:1)

    at async e._Init (domSide.js:1)

  • You'll need to file a bug report following all the guidelines for us to be able to help.

  • Try Construct 3

    Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

    Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • The problem was caused by a Function using the built-in functions, which was disabled but ther was an action calling it. This broke the file, even thought the function wasn't actually called, just by virtue of there being this action. enabling the function but disabling it getting called solved problem, as did deleting the function.

    I found it by copying my project and deleting stuff from it until the bug stopped happening!

  • That should already be fixed in the latest beta release.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)