Subscription???

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
  • Why is C3 subscription based? I can purchase GM3 for $129 and I own it...I find it hard to justify a subscription based C3 since there is no c4 on the horizon... why are people paying for a subscription???? Please tell me the benifits... I like C3 and would gladly pay $129 to buy it buuuuut. subscriptions suck

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You will own nothing and you will be happy.

But really though, it's just more sustainable and predictable from a business perspective. Why pay for that subscription? Because I think it's worth it for me. People gladly pay subscriptions for stuff like netflix without batting an eye but as soon as it's a useful tool, suddenly it's terrible and bad. It's not even expensive either. Adobe Creative thingy costs 60€ per month, 3ds Max costs 274€ per month.

And wait till you find out about taxes.

• Software does actually require on-going maintenance and so constantly costs money to run, maintain and support. It's like buying a car and expecting it to be free every time you take it to the mechanic - it's obvious that is not economical. Things tend to be less obvious with software as it's more abstract, but many similar principles of engineering apply.

If a tool doesn't have a sustainable business model, it could end badly. If you're going to invest in learning and using a tool for a long time, you probably don't want the company to go under just as you're getting to grips with it. So a sustainable model is in the interest of everyone who uses the software, too.

• Years ago I bought GM1 for 400 dollars. They promptly came out with GM2 and put all the new stuff into that, rather than GM1. So I soured on non-subscription based software after that. That cost was for every platform, each platform for GM1 and GM2 was a separate fee.

yours

winkr7

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)