speedrun.com integration... possible? stupid idea? ...Discussion

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
This is a simple login feature to access Metamask in construct 3. Requires a Chrome Browser and Metamask Extension.
  • The mobile game Im currently working on has a speedrun mode. The player's fastest times get saved in a Dictionary and are displayed in a table in-game. So, players can challenge themselves to beat their personal best times. And I plan to use leaderboards on GooglePlay and AppStore so players can compete against others for fastest times.

Im also wondering if it would be possible to incorporate leaderboards on the website speedrun.com?

I imagine a situation where the player records a new fastest time, and is then able to submit it to the speedrun.com site. The user would be prompted to sign in, then his new time would be saved on the site under his username.

Speedrun.com has an API which apparently allows you to upload speedrun times from your game directly to the site.

So... Ive never attempted anything like this before. Im not sure where to start or how to go about it.

Is this possible? Could it be made to work with an Android / iOS game?

Would this involve building a C3 plugin?

• It's a rest API, so you might be able to some of it with the AJAX plugin and use of the JSON object.

If that doesn't work, you can use JS C3 scripting to access the API (using fetch / XMLHttpRequest, etc.). It seems definitely possible. I looked at the SR API github, it has not been updated in a few years. It might be good to make sure it's still working and operational before doing too much work.

It does look a little clunky, you may need the user to copy and paste their special auth keys and save into local storage (but you can perhaps do this 'in game' with an iframe, etc.)

Here's a library that you may be able to use for this (JS):

github.com/SwitchbladeBot/node-speedrun (would need to package for web user browserify or something like that.) Also note this library only 'reads' values from the site. It does not have functions to post runs. The full Speedrun API supports posting runs.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hi Mikal thanks for looking into that. Yikes, sounds like a steep learning curve for me. It might not be worth the time Id have to invest to be honest... I think Ill probably dump this in the 'too hard for now / maybe later' basket..

• I understand. If you know JS, it wouldn't be too bad. It's pretty straight forward to integrate into C3 (If it was worth it, you could hire a C3 JS dev, there are definitely a few people who could implement this for you on the forum or on the Construct Community Discord Server.)

• I understand. If you know JS, it wouldn't be too bad. It's pretty straight forward to integrate into C3 (If it was worth it, you could hire a C3 JS dev, there are definitely a few people who could implement this for you on the forum or on the Construct Community Discord Server.)

hi dear mikal can u make skendpower effect for construct2 ?

• Let's not hijack Artpunk's thread with other requests, look here: construct.net/en/tutorials/grass-interactive-dust-2398 . If you want to discuss more, please create a new topic/post.

• Let's not hijack Artpunk's thread with other requests, look here: construct.net/en/tutorials/grass-interactive-dust-2398 . If you want to discuss more, please create a new topic/post.

thanks i create post construct.net/en/forum/construct-3/general-discussion-7/skend-effect-problem-155387

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)