Small UI Issue with Mouse Selecting Objects in Layout View

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Total customisation of the input! You can combine inputs from all peripherals. Make your game accessible for everyone!
  • I find it very difficult to mouse select objects on the layout view unless I lock objects but even then it's still get's alittle flakey and non-intutitive is their any chance we can see a upgraded mouse selection system?.

Tagged:

• What specifically would you want changed?

• The teal selection boxes could be dynamically resized to be more relative to the size of the object it is linked too.

Oh! and when selecting objects on different z depths it would be nice if the actual object on a lower z depth I've got my mouse over is picked instead of another object that is above it , "if that makes sense".

It's annoying trying to click a block below a drawingcanvas object on the layoutview and the drawingcanvas keeps getting clicked when I just wanted to click the block underneath it do you see what i'm saying : ).

Oh and yes, when moving objects it would be nice if we could use the arrow keys to move objects in the layoutview instead of relying on just the mouse all the time would be great for accurate alignments.

• It sounds like we already have keyboard shortcuts that cover most of that:

Oh! and when selecting objects on different z depths it would be nice if the actual object on a lower z depth I've got my mouse over is picked instead of another object that is above it

That's: Hold Tab and click a selected object to select the next object underneath in the Z order

Oh and yes, when moving objects it would be nice if we could use the arrow keys to move objects in the layoutview instead of relying on just the mouse all the time would be great for accurate alignments.

And that's already supported - did you try it?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Is it already supported, I have tried it maybe I wasn't doing it properly and thank you for that shortcut.

I hardly ever read keyboard shortcuts now I'm paying for it -_- lol

Thanks so much ashley, great product and I'll definitely try to keep you posted on little nibble problems that could do with a fix "if they need too this time" Hehe, ->clueless I am<-.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)