Screen Issue for Menu.

1 favourites
  • 15 posts
From the Asset Store
ready made menu you can download this one or just follow my tutorial to make it yourself
  • Screen Issue,

To get rid of black bars on screens with different aspect ratio, I followed a suggestion by dop2000, using scale outer mode and make my background about 20% bigger than layout size and viewport to cover. It somehow fixed the issue with the black bar in-game but the problem is with the Menu and the custom loader. It showing fine if the phone is the same with my given aspect ration i.e. 18.5:9 (res 720 x 1522 portrait mode) but if it fo other phones the menu elements are not in the center and overall its looks weird how can I fix it?

• Try Anchor behavior.

• I am unable to make it work, ALready set the parallax to 0,0.

The problem is the image didn't move. Maybe I'm Doing It wrong way. Please help.

• Anchor should work. Make sure you don't have Pin or other behaviors/events that may be conflicting with Anchor.

And you don't need mobile phone to test it. Even in preview when you resize preview window, you should be able to see how anchored objects are sticking to edges of the viewport.

• Here is a new project with no other behaviour is applied. I still can not able to use Anchor! Is it a bug?

• Now set "Fullscreen mode: Scale Outer" in project properties and try to resize the preview window. You will notice that the sprite tries to keep the same relative distance from the left top corner - this is how Anchor works. (to see it better move the sprite closer to left top corner on the layout)

• Now set "Fullscreen mode: Scale Outer" in project properties and try to resize the preview window. You will notice that the sprite tries to keep the same relative distance from the left top corner - this is how Anchor works. (to see it better move the sprite closer to left top corner on the layout)

You're the man/woman DOP! Thank you for being so incredibly helpful to the Construct community!

• Man :) No worries!

Thanks for your input, I tot why it's not moving automatically, so now I'm getting it, We have to place it to the desired location so as per the viewport output (bigger or smaller) it will retain the location at Viewport left or right.

What if I want to place a logo in centre (in the loading screen or the menu) as per the condition it will move to the viewport left or right? there is no option to keep it in the centre. Please help.

(Sorry for stretching this discussion)

• Object that is in the center will always remain in the center, you don't need Anchor for it. Just make sure to set "Unbounded scrolling" in layout properties.

• Man, I love you.

• Object that is in the center will always remain in the center, you don't need Anchor for it. Just make sure to set "Unbounded scrolling" in layout properties.

dop2000

Could you please help me on this?

https://www.construct.net/en/forum/construct-3/general-discussion-7/achieve-firelava-effect-145953

• Health Bar Issue with Anchor.

I have made a simple health bar for my player (a platformer game) by referring to this video https://youtu.be/7QmQXPYvpMo

I have come across to a scenario where I need a health bar to start cutting the players health from "LeftSide". For this, I put the origin point to the other end and it worked but the issue occurs when I use the Anchor Behaviours. When I apply the Anchor, it again cuts from "RightSide" How? I didn't alter the origin point Why it cutting from the wrong side?. (No matter where I place the origin, it cuts only From Right to Left.) Please help me.

• Use anchor only for the white sprite, remove anchor from the red sprite. Pin red sprite to the white sprite on start of the layout. And of course set the origin image point on the red sprite at the right edge.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Use anchor only for the white sprite, remove anchor from the red sprite. Pin red sprite to the white sprite on start of the layout. And of course set the origin image point on the red sprite at the right edge.

Thanks for your prompt response. You are awesome.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)