How can I achieve the fire/lava effect?

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
Tileset for action or adventure platformer games with underground, cave, lava, mine, and or similar themes.
  • We can easily get the water effect, there is a dedicated effect for that but what about fire? How can we achieve in C3?

I need a fire/lava type effect for my platformer game, beneath the tiles like the one we see in Super Mario Bowser stage but not exactly similar to that but a bit more realistic like we got the water effect.

Here the C3P which I tried with a Tilled background and a Fire png.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1kzraQuD3Aoy-CR96NW84YQaLwVtveSQN

Please help.

• Try tuning the water effect a little and you may end up with something ok (but it will have a hard edge at the borders.)

This looks good, but it's a GPU killer due to the effect applied to the many fire sprites to create a nice ragged dynamic edge on top of the lava, perhaps something to inspire you to try something which has less perf impact than this example.

Fire.c3p

• For proper fire you're gonna want to look into things like masking / overlays, scrolling textures (like offset in TiledBG object), particle spawners, blend modes, etc.

This is in Unity but you get the gist: youtube.com/watch

• Try tuning the water effect a little and you may end up with something ok (but it will have a hard edge at the borders.)

This looks good, but it's a GPU killer due to the effect applied to the many fire sprites to create a nice ragged dynamic edge on top of the lava, perhaps something to inspire you to try something which has less perf impact than this example.

Fire.c3p

Thanks Mikal for your effort, This not exactly what I'm looking for but you made it quite good I got some idea how to use your logic in a diffrent way for fire, Thanks, Appreciated.

• For proper fire you're gonna want to look into things like masking / overlays, scrolling textures (like offset in TiledBG object), particle spawners, blend modes, etc.

This is in Unity but you get the gist: youtube.com/watch

Thanks Tokinsom, I will check that out.

Fire.c3p

I saw you uploaded the c3p directly into construct website and shared that URL here! How did you do that? How do I upload .c3p to the forum without using Gdrive/DropBox?

• Have you seen this template?

https://editor.construct.net/#open=fireworks

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Try the WarpLayout effect!

• Have you seen this template?

https://editor.construct.net/#open=fireworks

Wow!! Didn't realize that it under my nose all the time, my bad. I will try to make it fit for my platformer.

Thank you so much, dop2000

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)