Request access to storage for Android. (r276.2-r276)

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Basic Plugins for Firebase Authentication, Realtime-Database, Firestore, Cloud Storage
  • Hello.

After assembling the package for android, the r256-r276.2 version asks for access to the storage. But I didn't want this when assembling.

The r268 version did not.

This is a problem, people are worried about their data and do not want to give the game access to their storage.

I showed everything on screenshots!

• The same thing was also discussed in this issue. In short, it's a core part of Cordova (cordova-plugin-file) that adds this, and it's difficult to change.

But it shouldn't matter. The permission is never used and so users will never be prompted to use it.

• I agree that extra permissions (that is not really required) is not nice. Actually also Google sometimes reach out to developers stating to only request minimum of permissions.

So it was great when Diego forked the plugin in the first place and removed the storage permission, since we do not need it.

But I understand it caused compatible issues with other 3rd party plugins, so using the standard cordova plug might be the best choice.

igortyhon If you build with android studio you can remove the additional permission manually, before building. So it will not show for users in the app stores.

• Ashley This creates problems for mobile developers, and the update that brought a lot of good things does not make us happy. C3 is getting further from ordinary guys like me!

fredriksthlmI really like the C3 server that collects packets quickly.

Android studio looks like a monster that constantly requires updates and customization. Even if everything went well yesterday, it may not work today.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Ashley This creates problems for mobile developers

What actual problems does it create? From a user's point of view, it doesn't matter, right?

• > Ashley This creates problems for mobile developers

What actual problems does it create? From a user's point of view, it doesn't matter, right?

Hello.

You're right.

I have verified that this does not cause problems for the player.

The question is closed.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)