remote preview

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
Firebase: Analytics, Dynamic Links, Remote Config, Performance, Crashlytics on Android, iOS & Web Browser
  • In my game, when I press the right of my character, it goes right, when I press left, it goes left. It's okay when previewing the game on the computer, but when previewing the game remotely from the phone, after the game starts and continues for a while, my character becomes very slow and moves like this when I press left or right. This could be the cause.

Tagged:

• can you provide a video of the behavior for folks to watch and see what you're experiencing?

are you saying that the game plays fine on phone at first but after awhile (how long is awhile?) it gradually starts to perform poorer and poorer?

phones have less ram / cpu power and overall resources than a PC.. it sounds like maybe something is spawning / being created over time creating more and more..

just consider maybe it's not the movement itself that's moving very slow.. but something else being created.

imagine something like stars being created for a background that are not being pooled / recycled.. over time every one of those stars if not destroyed / managed better will impact performance.

• I'll give you the link of the video. dosya.co/959x2dgk5o5a/ball_hareket.mp4.html

It starts to slow down in the 30th second of the game.

Now I have noticed that the game slows down when I pause and continue.

There are some situations running in the background, can they?

I sent your photo

• I'll give you the link of the video. dosya.co/959x2dgk5o5a/ball_hareket.mp4.html

It starts to slow down in the 30th second of the game.

Now I have noticed that the game slows down when I pause and continue.

There are some situations running in the background, can they?

I sent your photo

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • seems like it's happening when you press down.. but when you let go it's smooth.. so clearly something you're doing "every tick" is too much for the cpu..

actually i see exactly what's up.. you're creating three objects EVERY TICK! that's basically hundreds of things being spawned in a few seconds...

whatever those objects are, need to be created once and moved around.. not constantly created

• How can I create it once and have it followed?

• I'm not sure I follow what your game is really doing, but if I think I follow it. you just spawn those "walls" once.. then you set their Y (up and down) position gradually over time.. for example.. "every tick, set object.y to object.y+1 (to make it move downward).. but yea just rethink how you're moving things around.

• I'm not sure I follow what your game is really doing, but if I think I follow it. you just spawn those "walls" once.. then you set their Y (up and down) position gradually over time.. for example.. "every tick, set object.y to object.y+1 (to make it move downward).. but yea just rethink how you're moving things around.

Thank you. I will try

• keep at it. you'll figure it out. just look at what you want to do.. and whatever else you try.. never overuse "create new object". this is a very expensive act on the cpu.. that's why particle effects tend to be very costly.. and they have to be used very carefully.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)