How to reduce Pre Loading ( whitescreen with c3 logo ) time on Mobile Phone (android)

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Logo quiz
$9.99 USD
Template for a logo quiz game, fully documented in comments and video
  • Hello, Greetings.

Currently im working with my game named "Pocong Adventure" , and I plan to make this game bigger than now. But now I'm facing problem that is c3 logo loading is too long.

I only have 1 spritesheet with larger size ( spriter exported spritesheet ) and i don't think this is the problem for that.

I have much image and much image for now with small resolution for mobile game ( i working on 1280x720). It has 250 Level and around 12MB image files .

How can i reduce pre loading ( before construct 3 splash loader ) ? any suggestion ?

thanks

Refrence for my game :

play.google.com/store/apps/details

• if your projects and all images are "correctly" setup I don't believe the C3-icon should be seen at all. Have you specified the splash and icon images correctly?

• hello thanks for response , i only change the game icon . Im not add other than that for splash loader.

Well I'm still do some experiments for this problem, its like c3 load all files before splash loader.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • the cordova splashscreen shows while the project loads. Set up the splashscreen properly, i guess you can turn off all c3 loading stuff.

• the cordova splashscreen

sorry, do you mean this ?

or white screen logo ?

i've try many things with change loader, make custom loader and other things. but it cant solve the whitescreen loading.

• I have got the same issue… Also when loading, the top bar of the phone is still being displayed.

• read those

https://www.construct.net/en/make-games/manuals/construct-3/project-primitives/projects

https://www.construct.net/en/make-games/manuals/construct-3/tips-and-guides/icons-splash

thanks for response , i have try and still same.

is many layout affect with loading splash ? i have more than 250+ Layouts for my game now.

this is image from Layout's Folder Project

• I have got the same issue… Also when loading, the top bar of the phone is still being displayed.

well, I'm still do some researches about this issue since 4 days ago, I'm really tired to find out but this is really necessary for my upcoming project.

• Hello guys i think i've found the solution for this problem.

But this method only work with Android Studio Export project.

First this is my setup ( you need also make custom loader to display load progress after splash screen and enable Use Loader Layout )

And open Config.xml via Android Studio

you can follow this picture

Idk how this work, but this solve my problem around 80% wait time while cordova loading , i also tried delete splash screen and it work too. But i need to publish as fast as possible right now and i cant say its 100% save to use, but i will try it later

FYI this is all preference i have change :

<preference name="orientation" value="sensorLandscape" />

<preference name="fullscreen" value="true" />

<preference name="LoadUrlTimeoutValue" value="200000" />

<preference name="AutoHideSplashScreen" value="false" />

<preference name="ShowSplashScreenSpinner" value="true" />

sensorLandscape used to auto rotate for both landscape direction.

i have tried AutoHideSplash but not really help, there is still little gab between cordova splash to Construct 3 splash to First Layout

I hope i can do other experiment again about this, hope you can solve this problem too. Thanks

• Thank you for the information and fix!

I‘ve now read through these cordova docs and here are a few interesting things I have come across. Can‘t test them right now but here you go.

-Autohide Splashscreen hides the splash screen after the time specified in SplashScreenDelay (standard 3000)

-The spinner and the splashscreen can be deeply customized to make it blene with the project nicely (requires programming skills)

-On ios, yo cannot set hide splashscreen to true - but you can use the function navigator.splashscreen.hide(); when the deviceready event gets triggered

-LoadUrlTimeoutValue only closes the webview after some time if it didnt work basically so imo useless in your case

Btw, I dont really know if I am facing the same issue because for me I can see the construct logo shortly and the android top bar for around 1.5 seconds even tho the loader style is set to nothing + use loader layout and then it switches to fullscreen and displays nothing for some time until my loader layout starts.

Either way, it looks really weird and I hope this will be fixed or there is a good solution.

• if you configure your images correctly there should be no construct logo included in the project, at all. so if you can see a construct logo it means you have not set up your project correctly..

If you don't want the cordova splashscreen at all you can just remove it totally from your project. As long as your project is not huge, you will be fine without it.

set fullscreen=true , and you will never see the statusbar.

• Thank you for the information and fix!

I‘ve now read through these cordova docs and here are a few interesting things I have come across. Can‘t test them right now but here you go.

-Autohide Splashscreen hides the splash screen after the time specified in SplashScreenDelay (standard 3000)

-The spinner and the splashscreen can be deeply customized to make it blene with the project nicely (requires programming skills)

-On ios, yo cannot set hide splashscreen to true - but you can use the function navigator.splashscreen.hide(); when the deviceready event gets triggered

-LoadUrlTimeoutValue only closes the webview after some time if it didnt work basically so imo useless in your case

Btw, I dont really know if I am facing the same issue because for me I can see the construct logo shortly and the android top bar for around 1.5 seconds even tho the loader style is set to nothing + use loader layout and then it switches to fullscreen and displays nothing for some time until my loader layout starts.

Either way, it looks really weird and I hope this will be fixed or there is a good solution.

thanks for explaning , i wish i can do other experiments again . Well i think my project is too big for mobile, and also i think my user has low end device that cant handle my game haha.

• if you configure your images correctly there should be no construct logo included in the project, at all. so if you can see a construct logo it means you have not set up your project correctly..

If you don't want the cordova splashscreen at all you can just remove it totally from your project. As long as your project is not huge, you will be fine without it.

set fullscreen=true , and you will never see the statusbar.

this is really work when our project is small , i also have try with small and big one, and its really different things.

i think my project is too big for mobile, but im not stop here. I ll try other experiments to reduce it. btw thanks for suggestion.

• This might be stupid, but this can tell the player that they need to wait more time while game is loading haha ( Replace Cordova Splash screen )

The text is :

Loading Game Assets

Need Little time to load

Dont Close this page

lol xD

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)