On Purchase Success Triggers Every Run If A Product Is Owned

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Full game Construct 2 and Construct 3 to post on Google Play
  • My 'On Purchase Success' is triggering every time I run my app (if I have already bought the product).

Surely it should only trigger when I make a purchase successfully (one time) and NOT as a check to the store to see if I own the product everytime it is called.

Is this a bug? Will I need to hard code a workaround?

EDIT: I saw the same bug in a very old forum post. Maybe it was never fixed?

Thanks

Tagged:

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hi.

For android, every time when inaps are initialized, permanent purchases are restored.

When you create a product in the Google Developer Dashboard, you choose whether it will be a consumable item or a permanent one.

For example:

-Gold is consumable.

-No ads is permanent.

Do this and everything will be fine, there are no bugs tested by many applications.

• Thanks, I understand your answer but that is not really what I asked.

I am specifically talking about a problem with the 'On Purchased Success' trigger.

• Is this a bug?

Yes

Will I need to hard code a workaround?

Maybe. It depends on the game. For example if you have an animation or something that triggers when a purchase (non-consumable) is completed you want to hardcode it for sure.

• Thanks. In my case I have a popup message.

To get around the issue I have an extra condition that asks that Time(since game started)>3 seconds /trigger once only

This way the pop-up only occurs once a purchase is made and not everytime the game boots.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)