Project preview crashes at random time

0 favourites
  • 11 posts
From the Asset Store
With this template you can create your own archer game and customize it however you want.
  • Firstly, sorry everyone for bad English.

I have a problem with all my projects - at some unknown point, when you start previewing them, they can break at random point - screen turns black, debugging stops counting time, ticks and everything else. Construct editor also crashes, and after that layout preview stops loading - just black screen with small sad smile in top left corner. I don't understand what is the problem - it happens in really random time (can break after 2 seconds of preview or can stay fine for all the time I play game), that happens even after I disable all events in project. When playing game in browser, it also happens, but after crash you can continue to play normally. Also, in case with my last project, it started to happen in also random moment. It was fine about week ago, now it crashes in almost every run (i wasn't working with project in that week so nothing changed). Maybe problem with my computer? Didn't found anything same in other topics

• Firstly, sorry everyone for bad English.

I have a problem with all my projects - at some unknown point, when you start previewing them, they can break at random point - screen turns black, debugging stops counting time, ticks and everything else. Construct editor also crashes, and after that layout preview stops loading - just black screen with small sad smile in top left corner. I don't understand what is the problem - it happens in really random time (can break after 2 seconds of preview or can stay fine for all the time I play game), that happens even after I disable all events in project. When playing game in browser, it also happens, but after crash you can continue to play normally. Also, in case with my last project, it started to happen in also random moment. It was fine about week ago, now it crashes in almost every run (i wasn't working with project in that week so nothing changed). Maybe problem with my computer? Didn't found anything same in other topics

Upd: just got detail that if project runs not in fullscreen, or fullscreen mode is "letterbox scale", then nothing crashes. Maybe it's related to rendering or something? Also, i tried to change fullscreen quality from low to high, and looks like everything started working correctly, because before changes game crashed almost every time, and now for 10-15 launches it hadn't crashed even 1 time

• It's hard to make any guesses based on that. If a crash happens, you can maybe check the developer console (F12 in chrome) and see if there are any errors showing up.

• I have the same problem, black screen and then white screen with a sad face, how do I solve it? I tried changing browsers and updating the drivers but it didn't change.

I've seen that with other projects it doesn't give me these errors but I don't understand what's wrong with this project

• Nouan

It's hard to make any guesses based on that. If a crash happens, you can maybe check the developer console (F12 in chrome) and see if there are any errors showing up.

• It's hard to make any guesses based on that. If a crash happens, you can maybe check the developer console (F12 in chrome) and see if there are any errors showing up.

Sounds stupid but i can't now reproduce this problem. Changing fullscreen quality made the problem gone (hope said that right and everyone will understand)

If reproduce, i will look in console.

• I have the same problem, black screen and then white screen with a sad face, how do I solve it? I tried changing browsers and updating the drivers but it didn't change.

I've seen that with other projects it doesn't give me these errors but I don't understand what's wrong with this project

For me changing fullscreen quality from low to high helped in my last project. In other projects, but not in last, making code simplier also helped

• The "sad face" icon usually means the GPU crashed - most often that is caused by either the game using too much memory, or a buggy graphics driver. So I'd recommend reviewing the memory usage of the game in the debugger, and installing any available system software updates or graphics driver updates.

• The "sad face" icon usually means the GPU crashed - most often that is caused by either the game using too much memory, or a buggy graphics driver. So I'd recommend reviewing the memory usage of the game in the debugger, and installing any available system software updates or graphics driver updates.

Thanks for helping. I think that problem is more in computer than in game, because one time game crashed in main menu where not very much events. One time it crashed when i disabled 90% of events (remained ones were mostly "on start of layout..." and "...on created...")

forgot to add that in debugger everything related to performance and GPU was fine. Will try to update drivers

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads

Tried cropping my objects to not have lots of empty spaces, in first view looks like it helped.

Thanks for recommendations and overall help

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)