Problem with "Save Game to Slot" action after last update (r372 beta)

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Fantasy Game includes more than 600 sound effects inspired by hit computer games like World of Warcraft and Diablo.
  • Hi! I'm developing a game in Construct 3. This morning I implemented the Save game functionality using "Save Game to Slot" action from C3. It worked perfectly.

Returned on the afternoon after a couple of hours, opened Construct and there was an update. No big deal, continued. But now the game won't work. When executing the Save action the game freezes.

On the console I get this error:

runtime.js:119 Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: Cannot read properties of null (reading '_SaveToJson') at C3Runtime._SaveToJsonString (runtime.js:119:37) at C3Runtime._DoSaveToSlot (runtime.js:116:149) at C3Runtime._HandleSaveOrLoad (runtime.js:113:476) at C3Runtime.Tick (runtime.js:83:286) at normal (runtime.js:8:57)

Do you know if the new beta version has a problem with that?

I also checked on a c3p file I downloaded from this forum as reference, that file won't work either...

Please help!

Thanks

Tagged:

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Well I downgraded the file to the latest stable version, I didn't used anything too new, so the game works fine again. Saves the game, etc.

Please note that save game to slot seems to be bugged now :S

Thanks

• Dang I just discovered this with my game when using r372. When it saves it freezes up.

here's the error message...

• Yeah, got bricked by this change in the recent beta to also save flowcharts. The error actually changes slightly if you add a flowchart to the project.

Flowcharts: save and restore state with savegames

• Also game load causes issues

• Wow! Thanks for the quick fix Scirra team!!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)