This problem is already making me tired. It happens when I move an object from one layer to another.

0 favourites
  • 11 posts
From the Asset Store
Make your own platformer for both the web and mobile easy with this Santas Platformer Template, FULLY DOCUMENTED
  • This problem is already making me tired. It happens when I move an object from one layer to another.

• Try a different browser - if it works there, try clearing your main browser cache/data.

If it still doesn't work and you can reproduce the issue in a small test project, report it:

github.com/Scirra/Construct-bugs/issues

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • thanks but I think that regardless of whether it is the browser or not, that problem should be solved

• the problem should definitely be solved, but what Dop2000 mentioned is a better way to communicate this error to Scirra (if it is indeed a replicable error).

• Yes I will take it into account. I appreciate the help

• I just ran into this problem the other day. Clearing browser stuff and using a different browser didn't work at all. Still gives that error and when I moved an object to another layer in a brand new project the error doesn't occur. I been working on my project for like two weeks without any problems moving objects to different layers and now all of a sudden this error is popping up and they won't fix it unless you recreate the error in a smaller new project but how do you do that when the error doesn't happen? Anyone got fix ideas 🤔

• I think it's still worth a shot to report it along with the project that causes the crash even if it's not a new project. Have you tried shaving the project down? Remove a bunch of objects, events (that seem unrelated to the crash) save it as a new project and try to crash again. Keep shaving parts of the project off till as little as necessary remains for it to crash, then file a bugreport with it. Maybe you even can identify a certain part in the project that, when deleted, fixes the crash. That'd likely be valuable information for debugging. If possible, you can also send the full project to someone else to confirm it's not some random bs that causes the crash, like a chrome plugin mucking things up or some driver issue/hardware issue.

• This problem is already making me tired. It happens when I move an object from one layer to another.

So I found a little work around the problem until they fix the issue. I just made sure to click on the layer I want to object on and the create my new sprite because at first the object was on the hud layer and when I tried to move it to the proper layer the error would pop up so now I can continue as usual long as I'm already on the layer needed for the object to be on. Hope this helps for now

• If you can reproduce this bug, you really need to report it.

• Apparently that error is already solved in the latest beta version of construct, I already reproduced the same problem many times in the latest beta version and everything is normal. the error no longer appears.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)