Preview window no-display issue

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
  • I'm not sure if this is a bug in C3, so I'm first posting here just in case it's a local issue or an easy fix I'm missing.

I'm using Chrome (always updated to the latest version) and when I go to preview my game - either in tab view or in pop-up view - it shows just a blank, black screen. This issue is remedied by resizing the window. Evidence suggests that the game is running, just not viewable at first. The problem does not occur during debug mode, probably because the debug window loads alongside the game window causing some "resizing" within the browser.

Any idea what is causing this? Is there a fix? Or should I report this as a bug?

• Bumping from second page...

Ashley, any idea what may be the issue here? Any suggestions?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • No idea, we need the information required by the bug report guidelines to be able to help, so without them all I can do is sit back and speculate.

If you see a blank screen try opening the browser console and checking if there are any errors logged.

• I've been seeing the same thing, but don't yet have a small *.c3p that I want to upload to reproduce it. I usually fix it by hitting F5 (refresh) and it works. Here's the console output in case it gives an obvious hint:

[SW-Preview] Up to date
    bootPreview.js:13 Registered service worker on https://preview.construct.net/local/
    runtime.js Failed to load resource: net::ERR_CONNECTION_RESET
    index.html:1 Uncaught (in promise) Event
    Promise rejected (async)
    InitC2  previewWindow.js:293
    InitScriptData  previewWindow.js:228
    OnMessage  previewWindow.js:31
    OnMessageFromPort  bootPreview.js:26
    [/code:3brntz59]
  • By pure accident, I discovered the issue has to do with whether the project setting for Fullscreen Mode setting (low quality vs high quality). Little about it do I understand, but from the setting description, it has to do with when the image is rendered. That would seem to explain why I initially don't see an image. After changing it to high quality, the image shows up immediately and the quality of the image, obviously, is better.

So, not a bug. Just user ignorance.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)