Please post events which makes your work easier?

0 favourites
  • 11 posts
From the Asset Store
We present to you “Post Apocalyptic Trailer” – our newest hard hitting, bass rumbling designed movie trailer collection.
  • I request you to post your events which often make your work easier along with brief information on how do they make your work easier so that I can request the developers of Construct 3 to implement them as actions or conditions in Construct 3 with additional features so as to help you and others to use Construct 3,and the events which have helped me a lot along with their implementation in Construct 3 are here-

1)Get angle of Sprite(Tween Property)- Can be done by storing the angle of an object in a variable("Angle Variable") by using the Sprite.Angle expression

2)Set Angle of Sprite- Can be done by passing the "Angle Variable" in the set angle action.

and many other properties of an object can be stored and set in the same 2 ways as given above by just replacing the actions,expressions and variables given above and we can even edit them,For ex-(Set Colour,Colour Variable;Colour Value+1),(Set X,Variable1;Sprite.x*2) and (Set Opacity,Opacity Variable;Sprite.Opacity=100)

3)On tag executed- This can be done by setting a boolean variable(Is executed) to false before an action and setting it to true after an action(By making custom changes to this for your game this can be made very useful)

4)On tag executed n times-The event for this is same as above but with an addition of a variable whose value increases by 1 for once each time the "Is executed" variable is set to true.

5)Do until True - The events for this event is same the 3rd event but with the addition of a while condition which will execute the code until it becomes false.

6)Do until False -This is only the inverted version of the Do until True action.

and I want to request Ashley and Tom to look at this post as I believe that my ideas are good and a lot of feedback will be given to the Construct development Team through this post,

Cheers to the Community.

Tagged:

• Credit to Kyatric for the help on the idea 5 and idea 6.

• Get angle of Sprite(Tween Property)- Can be done by storing the angle of an object in a variable("Angle Variable") by using the Sprite.Angle expression

2)Set Angle of Sprite- Can be done by passing the "Angle Variable" in the set angle action.

I actually made a little plugin for this that can save/restore width, height, x, y, angle and opacity of objects... I just never put it out there. Maybe I should :V

• Yes,I request you to release your plug in as this will help us and will also increase your already good reputation in the Construct Community.

• WackyToaster Can't you do the same with AsJSON expression and Set from JSON action?

• Ashley,Can you tell us that will you consider adding the Grid/Scrollbox object from the Construct Ideas and Suggestions platform to Construct as it will help us in solving at least 90% of our complex ui issues,Cheers.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • WackyToaster Can't you do the same with AsJSON expression and Set from JSON action?

Sort of. You cannot save/load only the angle for example, unless you start doing some JSON parsing. You always save/set the entire object. And you still have to put the saved JSON somewhere. So if you want to have multiple states you need to save each state somewhere, my plugin does that with IDs. Also it will always save the current state, my plugin also allows you to save different values.

• WackyToaster Thanks! This can actually be quite useful for making an Undo feature. Can it restore destroyed objects? :)

• Nope, since it´s a behavior it will be destroyed along with the object itself. I suppose you could use an offscreen object with the behavior to track the states and do some extra tracking for destroyed objects and whatnot and make it work but at that point you may aswell just do it without the plugin.

• Another set of events which can make your work easier-Pass number to string variable-This action requires to variables one string and the other a number and here by passing the value of a number variable to a string by using the set variable action you can pass any number to an expression which does not accept numbers but only strings.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)