Non official plugins not working on Beta R123

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
2D fighting template based in the game that defined the fighting games genre.
  • Is there any issue with the new beta releases? When launching them, almost every non built-in plugin is not available to insert. If I go back to the stable release, they are available. But not with R123 nor 123.2. I don't know whether is a matter of compatibility bug or is made on purpose for future releases? Maybe I should reinstall those plugins after updating to the beta?

• The default is now the C3-engine, so C2-engine plugins won't show up. You need to revert back to the C2-engine. (Advanced properties).

• You're right. I thought stable R120 had already C3 as default runtime. Turns out I was wrong. Bye to every Rex plugin... I'm going to miss MoveTo.

• You're right. I thought stable R120 had already C3 as default runtime. Turns out I was wrong. Bye to every Rex plugin... I'm going to miss MoveTo.

santiagoestrade

There is a request for "MoveTo" to include it as official behaviour on this Link you can Vote if you like to have "MoveTo" as an official and stand-alone behaviour

https://construct3.ideas.aha.io/ideas/C3-I-574

And also here there is a Ported "MoveTo" to the C3 Run Time by if you like to keep playing with it while we see if Scirra adds the Behaviour as official

Link

https://www.construct.net/en/forum/construct-3/plugin-sdk-10/construct-3-runtime-a-few-cons-137539

• Thanks!! Didn't know Chardori had ported that addon.

I was emulating it with set angle and set position, but I wanted a smoother movement.

I was thinking of emulating it with trigonometrics. Using Pythagoras to calculate distance to travel until arriving where I click/press onto. Therefore, it could be achieved with 'Move Forward' action.

Since I can calculate X vector (TouchX - SpriteX) and Y vector (TouchY - SpriteY), distance is equal to the hypotenuse of the triangle whose other sides are VectorX & VectorY.

So:

distance = square root of ( (TouchX - SpriteX)^2 + (TouchY - SpriteY)^2 )

Anyway, I'll try the addon either.

Edited: some other pal told me about distancr parameters, which (fool of me for thinking IT people wouldn't have alrrady thought about it) allows to type coordinates for both objetcs, so problem solved. No need for trigonometry. Just a lot more forum/tutorial reading.

tarek2

Already voted!!! I love this thing of suggesting new features. I'll take a look to see which interesting ideas are around.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Edited: some other pal told me about distancr parameters, which (fool of me for thinking IT people wouldn't have alrrady thought about it) allows to type coordinates for both objetcs, so problem solved. No need for trigonometry. Just a lot more forum/tutorial reading.

Cool mate, Yeah I thought you already knew that staf for the type of Calculation that you wrote on your Last comment and that you were trying to do something more Advance :) lol

Yeah Tutorials is the best you can do it will help you a lot

Also get familiar with all the "System Expressions" it will simplify your life a lot and let you do more Advance staff, Here is the Link:

https://www.construct.net/en/make-games/manuals/construct-3/system-reference/system-expressions

Also this is a must read: HOW EVENTS WORK >>>>

construct.net/en/make-games/manuals/construct-3/project-primitives/events/how-events-work

And the Manual of course if you haven't yet:

https://www.construct.net/en/make-games/manuals/construct-3

tarek2

Already voted!!! I love this thing of suggesting new features. I'll take a look to see which interesting ideas are around.

Nice one, Thank you Mate :) We have to do more Promotion to see if we can get more votes On MoveTo jeje

Have fun and Good luck mate

• It was actually a matter of a really noob trying to do things without proper knowledge haha.

I have read the manual on construct.net, yet couldn't find that comprehensive section on expressions. That's exactly what I needed. I really appreciate it.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)