Mobile Advert Deprecated

1 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
A simple fun and stylish endless scroller game ready to be customized and published.
  • The current Mobile Advert is not updated.

It does not comply with the GDPR law. Al least for Adroid.

Am i wrong?

• I am interested in this as well. I am not informed that well, but it seems that Google has changed their ad policies and the plugin is no longer working. I noticed a severe drop in ad revenue.

• Have you guys read this post? fredriksthlm explains the situation with the MobileAdvert plugin being deprecated.

Mobile Advert Consent - version and status (Breaking change again?)

• Yes, the plugin is now out of date unfortunately and uses deprecated functionality, which is no longer supported or maintained by Google.

We need the Mobile Advert to be updated (or a new Advert plugin maybe, since it will be some breaking changes) to the very latest Admob iOS SDK as well as the latest Android Admob SDK.

But most of all the plugin must comply with UMP/Funding Choices, since the old EU consent is deprecated.

I fully understand that it is a lot of work to update (and also maintain) this plugin, but this needs to be developed/updated. At least an ETA for it. I know it was Nepeo/shortercode who did most of the work earlier on this. So sorry tagging you Ashley but I believe this needs some attention.

Can you also verify which SDK versions the plugin currently uses?

The current plugin does not seem to fully comply with the new ATT standard for iOS 14, which you get a red warning about in Admob console. (This was updated in one of the latest SDK releases)

(I know there is a bug report for Mobile Advert currently from Lukas, that is bugs concerning the old deprecated EU concent. I hope that will be "solved" by leaving all that and start to use UMP instead)

• Deprecated does not mean broken, it just means scheduled for removal in future. It should still be working. If something is not currently working, please file an issue following the guidelines.

I'm aware an update will be necessary in future. We will try to address it soon. However please note we're a small team with limited resources, and work on Mobile Advert is particularly time-consuming and difficult.

• Thanks for your input. I'm well aware this is time consuming and requires a lot of work.

I know it's not really a bug, since it still "works". (But also the SDK versions used are outdated so we potentially lose revenue since the latest trackings are not included and so on.)

Just wanted to put it on your radar so you will plan it in some dev scope

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I am aware that it is difficult and time consuming to update Mobile Advert, but it should be done shortly for 2 reasons:

1. It does not comply with the GRPD law (I do not know for other places), and if someone denounces you for it you are screwed.

2. Less income

A question: Is it possible to change the language of the Mobile Advert consent box? Because if you are in Spain, Italy, Germany, Japan… It always comes out in English. I don´t know how to change it.

Thank you Construct team !!! Greetings.

• A question: Is it possible to change the language of the Mobile Advert consent box? Because if you are in Spain, Italy, Germany, Japan… It always comes out in English. I don´t know how to change it.

With the new Consent functionality, via the UMP sdk, you will create and design your own Consent screens. called Funding Choices. You can setup different languages as well. Choose logotypes and texts. It is actually quite cool, a graphical UI to create your consent messages. You can play around with it in Admob even though the plugin does not use it (yet)

support.google.com/fundingchoices/answer/9180084

With the current one, it's not possible afaik.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)