Missing WebGL and WebAssembly

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Game with complete Source-Code (Construct 3 / .c3p) + HTML5 Exported.
  • Hello guys,

I'm having a lit bit of difficulty in releasing my app. Whenever I try to open it on my android emulator I get this screen:

[img=

]

When I uploaded it to beta version on Play Store, they got the same error. I mean that it not only happen when I'm using emulator, Play Store had returned me this information before I started trying to use it on my computer. That's the third software I use to test my app. I really need to correct this because it's the only way I have to test my app. What does it means? what can I do to correct this?

Tagged:

• Did you try updating the Android System Webview and Chrome apps, like it suggests?

• I don't even know what this is... hahaha

The only thing I found is "webview licenses" on android's config but it didn't let me click or update

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • The version of the Android Emulator you are using doesn't support webGL or webassembly. This is an issue with the Emulator not the runtime, all modern Android devices support those features.

When possible we always recommend developers use a physical device for testing, for exactly these reasons.

I've been doing some background testing around this, it looks like there is some progress on this but I'm not sure when we will see it working. There is a issue you can track at https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/37129533

In the latest version of the emulator it supports webGL version 2 but not 1. Unfortunately we're only using webGL 1 on Android because of webGL 2 being very buggy on Samsung devices, so we need webGL 1 support. It apparently supports webassembly but I haven't tested this. When running webGL 2 it appears to fail after a few frames. It claims to have no performance caveat, but then chromium prints to the log that it does have a performance caveat and is running using a software renderer. So all in all it's a bit of a mess.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)