Does this look bugged to you?

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
  • Take note of the shape in the top left. I copied the 9 tiles, the same as shown in the tile editor's upper left, and it's using other tiles. Also, look at the bottom left. It's using the tiles in the upper left, but it's swapped the left, right, up and down around.

I think I have the tiles set up correctly, but can anyone see anything I've done wrong?

I can't tell if it's something I've done, or a bug in Construct.

It's a shame, because I could do almost everything I want using Auto16, but it's missing a fill space.

• I'm not sure, but it seems those problematic tiles were cut poorly, perhaps you should first carefully check them in the visual editor (not in Construct) for discrepancies..

• Cut poorly? It's just a quick example. That shouldn't change the numbers. The top left area show this.

Where it should show a 1, it shows 29.

I'm assuming I'm missing something obvious, but it would be nice to actually have a template for these tilemaps.

Auto16 works fine, but Auto47 doesn't.

• Looks fine to me although with just numbers it can be a bit obscure to look at. Maybe you're not fully understanding how exactly the auto47 works. The default tilemap graphic has a functioning example in place, why not use that as reference?

Tile 1 and tile 29 fulfill different cases.

Here's a placeholder I made some time ago for a 20x20 grid. The dark parts are inside, the bright parts are the edges/outside.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Cut poorly? It's just a quick example. That shouldn't change the numbers. The top left area show this.

Where it should show a 1, it shows 29.

I'm assuming I'm missing something obvious, but it would be nice to actually have a template for these tilemaps.

Auto16 works fine, but Auto47 doesn't.

it looks like they are cut poorly around the 9, affecting the 2, 8, 10 and 16.

You see how the rounded edge is erased over the border?

To me this is the only thing that looks incorrect, the rest seems to work as intended.

• Looks fine to me although with just numbers it can be a bit obscure to look at. Maybe you're not fully understanding how exactly the auto47 works. The default tilemap graphic has a functioning example in place, why not use that as reference?

Tile 1 and tile 29 fulfill different cases.

Here's a placeholder I made some time ago for a 20x20 grid. The dark parts are inside, the bright parts are the edges/outside.

That's what I used as a reference. Note I copied it's shapes in the top image I posted.

The top left shape should be using 29,30,31 as the top row, but instead it's using 29,23,31. For some reason, it's using the tile which should be reserved for long horizontal straights.

• The position of the tiles in the brush tileset is not indicative of what the auto tiling will do. That's just the place each tile needs to have so the algorithm works.

The tiles are chosen such that the outer region of the drawn tiles always have the "grass" part and any inner part has "water".

Notice that whenever a tile is placed on the tilemap, all edges of the tile which have an adjacent space which is an empty tile, end up being some form of "grass" while any inner space is "water".

Ej 1. A single tile with 8 empty tiles around it will always be tile "8". All "grass" in the edges and "water" in the middle.

Ej 2. A single tile with 8 drawn tiles around it will always be tile "64". All "water" no "grass".

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)