Layout tabs order doesn't 'save' when closing and opening C3 projects

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
You must shoot down the enemy planes and eliminate them to earn points.
  • Hey, I noticed when I open up my projects, somehow the layout order doesn't save.

For example;

Level1, Level2, Level3, Level4

May open as;

Level1, Level2, Level4, Level3

I don't know why it does that, and I need to re-arrange it everytime I open up my project. I'm using Google Chrome and release r257, but I think it also did that with the last stable version.

Is there a setting box I need to tick or is it just me?

• I have had this same issue for a few releases now. I figured it was the custom theme I'd been using, or some problem with the cloud file sync.

Do you use a custom theme or save in dropbox by chance?

• No I don't. I save my C3 projects on my PC. I'm not using a custom theme either.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • That's good to hear, though I suppose it means I can't help much either. I've tried to make a replicable version of the error, but I can't - so I haven't been able to file a bug report. My feeling is that when a project reaches a certain size, it can no longer save the editor's tab state, but that's just a guess.

• I think I figured it out.. whenever you accidentally close a Layout tab, and re-open it, it will be added to the far right of your tabs and you will need to re-arrange it.

Apparently C3 will 'remember' that far right state, rather than the re-arrangement after re-opening that tab.

I've been looking for a way to disable those #kwq@$% x's on the Layout tabs, the tabs are so dang small, I often accidentally close a tab when changing between them.

Might also apply to Event sheet tabs.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)