Language Selector | Multiple Language Question

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Implement multi-language translation inside your game effortlessly with the language.translate plugin!
  • My requirement is I want to add a Language Selector (On Startup/MainMenu). I have a simple game which doesn't have too many things to be translated.

May be only this much of text

"

-New Game

-Levels

-Continue

-Exit

-Rate

"

I found an old post by mOOnpunk Here Who gave a solution but at the same time wants a better way to do this.

Actually I could not able to make it work, Is there any template or Could you please guide me how can I make it? Any Simple way?

Note: The amount of TEXT which is needed to be translated is quite less so that's why I don't want to make a separate .apk for each language which I want to translate.

Thank you.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • There you go:

drive.google.com/open

• Also check out ProUI:

aekiro.itch.io/proui

There is a plugin for translations.

• There you go:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=11_qWEHe2yBFCFU_Wnz00vB8S_Sv9tT36

Maverick1912 Thank you so much for taking the time and making the.c3p, One thing I totally forgot, It was the button, I mean can we do the same thing but with different text file for each? So that I can program "NEW GAME" text To start a new game, "EXIT" text for exit etc and also the same time will have the freedom to modify the text format for each.

• Also check out ProUI:

https://aekiro.itch.io/proui

There is a plugin for translations.

Thanks dop2000

Actually I was hopping to pull this without using any plugins. :(

BTW that plugins Seem to be a Swiss Army Knives for C3, Pretty DOPE stuff.

• Its also worth checking out the official extensions page from time to time.

https://www.construct.net/en/make-games/addons/249/c3-i18next

• Its also worth checking out the official extensions page from time to time.

https://www.construct.net/en/make-games/addons/249/c3-i18next

Thanks mOOnpunk For Sharing this. Actually I was hoping to pull this without using any extension/ plugins. :(

• > There you go:

> drive.google.com/open

Maverick1912 Thank you so much for taking the time and making the.c3p, One thing I totally forgot, It was the button, I mean can we do the same thing but with different text file for each? So that I can program "NEW GAME" text To start a new game, "EXIT" text for exit etc and also the same time will have the freedom to modify the text format for each.

Maverick1912 Wating for your solution.

• > > There you go:

> > drive.google.com/open

>

> Maverick1912 Thank you so much for taking the time and making the.c3p, One thing I totally forgot, It was the button, I mean can we do the same thing but with different text file for each? So that I can program "NEW GAME" text To start a new game, "EXIT" text for exit etc and also the same time will have the freedom to modify the text format for each.

Maverick1912 Wating for your solution.

Yes, you can set text to the button by getting from array.

Replace my text object with your button and they will be fine :).

• > > > There you go:

> > > drive.google.com/open

> >

> > Maverick1912 Thank you so much for taking the time and making the.c3p, One thing I totally forgot, It was the button, I mean can we do the same thing but with different text file for each? So that I can program "NEW GAME" text To start a new game, "EXIT" text for exit etc and also the same time will have the freedom to modify the text format for each.

>

> Maverick1912 Wating for your solution.

Yes, you can set text to the button by getting from array.

Replace my text object with your button and they will be fine :).

Thanks for your response, I tried but ended up messing everything, Please help me to crack this. (This is not the messed one This is the same c3p which you gave but I created the separate TEXTs)

• Can i ask what you have against using the extensions? You seem to be making more work for yourself then necessary. Some tasks in construct are just hard to do (like this), which is the whole reasons for the extensions.

• 619_RM, put all your text into a family and add instance variable ID for it.

Set ID for each your text as order from 0-4.

Then replace my text with family of your text.

• 619_RM, put all your text into a family and add instance variable ID for it.

Set ID for each your text as order from 0-4.

Then replace my text with family of your text.

Thank you.

• Can i ask what you have against using the extensions? You seem to be making more work for yourself then necessary. Some tasks in construct are just hard to do (like this), which is the whole reasons for the extensions.

Yup, you are right, a plugins/extensions will add extra functionality and at the same time will ease your work-flow. Why am I being skeptic here? Well the reason would be, a bad experience, one of my friends gave me some couple of templates made with construct, but most of them he created using some plugins, Later I tried to find those plugins but the plugins were abandoned by its developer, So literally I can not able to open the project.

And for this translation thing, I even dunno It was possible without using addons, It because I found some of the old posts including yours which suggests Yes it is possible without using any third-party addons.

I will definitely follow the addons thing but first I will try Whether it can be achieved without addons. :)

• Yeah you are right you should probably do without if you can, but bear in mind that c3 also has the "bundle addons" option so they can be saved with the file, a great improvement over c2.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)