I've been working in folder mode for a few days, but suddenly disappeared today. I run it on Google

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Full game Construct 2 and Construct 3 to post on Google Play
  • I've been working in folder mode for a few days, but suddenly disappeared today. I run it on Google

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • See the last post in this thread by Ashley.

construct.net/en/forum/construct-3/general-discussion-7/local-file-folder-saves-chrome-147071/page-4

Hopefully it comes back soon, it's very useful for git / version control.

• See the last post in this thread by Ashley.

https://www.construct.net/en/forum/construct-3/general-discussion-7/local-file-folder-saves-chrome-147071/page-4

Hopefully it comes back soon, it's very useful for git / version control.

thx!!

I upgraded my browser to 83. It can be used now!

• It would be good if this information was more visible, as it was very unexpected that some saving methods (I use local file save) suddenly reverted to download. Made me believe it was a bug.

It seems to only be mentioned in the sticky as mentioned afaik, but it's a sticky that's been there for a while that we wouldn't exactly be looking at for news about functionality changes of Construct 3,even if it was only temporary.

• Jase00 Good point, if this happened at a different point in time (e.g. while I was in the middle of the last game jam where we were using folder save and git for the project), it could have been pretty difficult! I know it's experimental, so we are signing up for bleeding edge items, but it would be nice for us folks on the edge...

Also I think it could have been to discuss a work around (e.g. to open a project folder, zip the project folder, change extension to *.c3p and load the *.c3p, you can do the reverse to get back to a project folder (e.g. to check into git.) Something to think about for next time something like this occurs.

How about an in editor alert/notifications that can be cleared, with important messages like this (and you can sign up for: stable, beta, experimental feed?)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)