Isn't this extortion?

You don't allow your users to own the product you are selling, and keep it hostage indefinitely unless they pay up? What if I don't have a stable income and do this as a hobby?

I was a longtime user of Construct 2 and liked that quite a lot, but having switched machines I wanted to try Construct 3. I've found I'm really not interested in paying several hundred dollars for software that I only intermittently use.

This practice, I feel, violates basic consumer rights.

You don't allow your users to own the product you are selling, and keep it hostage indefinitely unless they pay up?

It´s not a product, it´s a service.

What if I don't have a stable income and do this as a hobby?

All things considered, that´s your problem.

I've found I'm really not interested in paying several hundred dollars for software that I only intermittently use.

There´s monthly options.

This practice, I feel, violates basic consumer rights.

No

Extortion:

"the practice of obtaining something, especially money, through force or threats."

Are you being forced or threatened to acquire C3?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads

Subscriptions are widely used across the software industry. We are clear about the prices up-front and lots of customers are perfectly happy to subscribe to what I think is a perfectly fair deal and much cheaper than many other options on the market.

This topic has been discussed a lot, and the original post accuses us of a crime for what is standard practice across the entire software industry, so closing this thread.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)