iPhone X display problems

0 favourites
  • Any updates on this?

• Don’t hold your breath.

• I think they are working hard on the C3 runtime first. Once that's out of the way they will tackle some of these problems.

• Nepeo has been actively working on this, but it's a difficult problem.

• Ok so before the problems we were having were only on iPhoneX in landscape orientation, portrait orientation displayed correctly, I released a game in portrait mode that worked great. Today I try testing a new portrait orientation game on iPhoneX and now portrait orientation is broken?!? There is a gap at the top of the viewport and the status bar always shows up.

https://imgur.com/a/qi0a7u8

Things to note

1. Whether or not you check hide status bar in the C3 export dialog, when you open your xcode workspace, hide status bar is ALWAYS unchecked in the settings.

2. Checking hide status bar in Xcode does not fix the problem, the status bar always shows up.

3. Setting viewport-fit to either cover or auto, the game still shows up the same, white bar at the top and status bar showing.

• Well looks like most of these issues will be fixed on the next release hopefully:

github.com/Scirra/Construct-3-bugs/issues/1642

github.com/Scirra/Construct-3-bugs/issues/1279

github.com/Scirra/Construct-3-bugs/issues/1578

• Well looks like most of these issues will be fixed on the next release hopefully:

https://github.com/Scirra/Construct-3-bugs/issues/1642

https://github.com/Scirra/Construct-3-bugs/issues/1279

https://github.com/Scirra/Construct-3-bugs/issues/1578

Ah ok, I saw that is bug I posted before was being fixed but didn't see the stuff about the status bar etc. Thanks.

• This working for anybody yet?

Already fixed

• > > This working for anybody yet?

>

> Already fixed

Do you know if it will work correctly for a Construct 2 project imported to Construct 3? I'm deciding on buying Construct 3.

If you convert a C2 project to C3 project, it works correctly, that means opening the your capx through C3.

If you just use the C3's exporter with a C2 project without importing it, it does not work correctly.

• Ashley

are these fixes going to see the light in Construct 2?

Some of us still use it while it's supported, before we go C3, but fixing these issues (so we can deploy on Apple store) is of most relevance! I can't deploy a game that's bugged out on Iphone X.

• I am having issue on the Portrait mode. Now there is white bar on top and bottom which i cant do anything about it on the iphone x. Please let me know how to fix this.

• This is actually quite pissing me off. Last time the portrait mode was fine, and now it is broken. Seems like nobody is fixing it even after a few months. I bought construct 3 for almost a year(basically i wasted my money) and i cant launch a single game due to this issue. Changing CSS and index.html doesnt even work for me NOW.

The reason i bought construct 3 is i dont want to mess with cordova, but now i feel i really wasted my time and money.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Ok so before the problems we were having were only on iPhoneX in landscape orientation, portrait orientation displayed correctly, I released a game in portrait mode that worked great. Today I try testing a new portrait orientation game on iPhoneX and now portrait orientation is broken?!? There is a gap at the top of the viewport and the status bar always shows up.

https://imgur.com/a/qi0a7u8

Things to note

1. Whether or not you check hide status bar in the C3 export dialog, when you open your xcode workspace, hide status bar is ALWAYS unchecked in the settings.

2. Checking hide status bar in Xcode does not fix the problem, the status bar always shows up.

3. Setting viewport-fit to either cover or auto, the game still shows up the same, white bar at the top and status bar showing.

twg Ashley

I found a fix for this. I really wonder why they take so long to fix this. This is not what i should do, i should be playing at graphics and designing games, not looking at some core code.

Put the misery aside.

Fix:

Go to your www/c2runtime.js

line 5761 and add this code inside:

var metaelement = document.querySelector('meta[name~="viewport"]'); var metacontent = metaelement && metaelement.getAttribute("content"); if(!metacontent.includes("cover")){ offy = (h - newh) / 2; h = newh; }

Isnt "cover" suppose to cover the top and not scaling it?! For the landscape part i didnt test. I leave it to the development team.

Image version:

• Ashley

It is fixed in Construct 3 (C2 runtime).

When you will add this fix in Construct 2? We can't use C3 Export manager, we need convert all plugins to C3 version. So it is not solution.

• I am facing an Issue with Screen size on iPhone XR & iPhone XS MAX showing Black Bars on its side

But fills the complete screen on iPhone X, and iPhone XS with no black bars.

How fix it?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)