[iOS] Loosing save after update. Pls help!

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Game with complete Source-Code (Construct 3 / .c3p) + HTML5 Exported.
  • Hello guys! I have a problem with one my old game's update.

My app was last updated 1,5 years ago with iOS11.(Created with C2 cordova)

Now I released the sequel to the game and I also updated the original game. So I created the update and generated the iOS xcode files and updated the app.

Now the first customers are contacting me because their save game is completely lost and gone.

What happened and how can I avoid that scenario?

As a side note I think in 2019 Scirra should add features like iCloud support so we can avoid stuff like that. Sooner or later I will get bad reviews because of the save problems so I'm really lost right now what to do.

Best,

Kraudi

• I was still thinking about what caused the lost savegames. The old update was amde with the c2 runtime and the new wit the c3 runtime. Could this be the problem?

• I was still thinking about what caused the lost savegames. The old update was amde with the c2 runtime and the new wit the c3 runtime. Could this be the problem?

construct.net/en/forum/construct-3/how-do-i-8/problems-c3-c2-purchase-142969

The c2runtime and c3runtime has a different storage data format. So, it certainly can lose your game's progress.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • > I was still thinking about what caused the lost savegames. The old update was amde with the c2 runtime and the new wit the c3 runtime. Could this be the problem?

https://www.construct.net/en/forum/construct-3/how-do-i-8/problems-c3-c2-purchase-142969

The c2runtime and c3runtime has a different storage data format. So, it certainly can lose your game's progress.

Ok it's clear then. My mistake by not staying on the c2 runtime for the old app. Still iCloud support would be so good to have.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)