How does iOS 14 IDFA restriction affect us?

1 favourites
From the Asset Store
Build a thrilling space station scenario with these level assets and characters.
  • User will have to give permission to be tracked in iOS 14. Google outlines the issue here: https://developers.google.com/admob/ios/ios14. How will Cordova users be able to ask a user if they will allow IDFA tracking?

• it's weird that no one else asks about this...

• Ashley Should we add NSUserTrackingUsageDescription to our info.plist in xcode now to support IOS 14? Would not want to lose money because of this.

• Nobody knows anything about this?

• I only just got the chance to look in to this. I've made some changes to the Mobile Advert plugin for the next beta to support requesting the IDFA, which prompts the user on iOS 14+. Note this also requires Xcode 12+ to activate - which like iOS 14 is currently still in beta. If you use Xcode 11 or older, it won't attempt to request the IDFA.

• I only just got the chance to look in to this. I've made some changes to the Mobile Advert plugin for the next beta to support requesting the IDFA, which prompts the user on iOS 14+. Note this also requires Xcode 12+ to activate - which like iOS 14 is currently still in beta. If you use Xcode 11 or older, it won't attempt to request the IDFA.

Will the plugin enable SKAdNetwork? Or will we need to update Info.plist our self.

• It includes all the changes listed in the link to Google's documentation, including the plist updates.

• Thank you, this was very necessary

• Note it sounds like this change was postponed to early next year, so there's plenty of time to adapt to the change.

• I uploaded a game to app store yesterday. It has now been rejected two times.

"Please provide us detailed steps to locate the App Tracking Transparency consent. Specifically, we were still unable to locate the App Tracking Transparency consent even when an ad is triggered."

I use the standard scirra plugin for Mobile Advert. I use the normal concent setting (EU and Unknown), but have not used the Request IDFA setting.

Anyone else that uploaded a build recently? What is your settings for the plugin and have you implemented the "Request IDFA" setting?

The game is exported as xcode project, and built and uploaded with xcode 12.0.1

Any ideas?

• Same problem here. My app update has been rejected two times this week.

I use the mobile advert plugin to serve admob ads. I tried with and without showing the user consent dialog (set "Locations to show user consent dialog" to "Nowhere/Everywhere"), but still my xcode builds are rejected with: "Please provide all the necessary steps to locate the AppTracking Transparency modal alert."

I think, this consent dialog is not what they mean. What else ca I do?

Any help is welcome!

Thanks!

• I'll give it another try with "Request IDFA" and user consent dialog set to "EU and Unknown".

The more I read about this AppTransparency modal alert, the more I think, that this could be mandatory for iOS apps using adverts from now on.

By the way. Is there anything I have to do with the IDFA decision of the user ("On IDFA request complete")?

I'll post the result of the review as soon as I hear from apple.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • From now on we need to set the Request IDFA into our apps to get approved for App store for iOS. I uploaded a build without it, and got rejected twice. (They asked me where they could see it). But then I put it in, and I got approved directly. I still have not really found the best "placement" in the game to show it yet. So for now, I just show it on startup on the menu screen. (You can place the event wherever you want, but you need to show this IDFA before the user see any ad, otherwise the app will be rejected in the review! If you don't show it on "startup" you will maybe need to write a description to the review team on the review notes for them to find it)

The IDFA will only be shown once to the user, where they can click allow/disallow. Then it will never be shown again, but can be changed in the app settings on the iphone, a setting called "tracking". (The IDFA window is shown in the local phone os language!)

If the user press Allow in the IDFA window then the consent is passed to Admob and they will serve "localized" content (higher ecpm) ads, if the user press disallow then Admob will serve "unlocalized" content (lower ecpm).

This setting is not related the the GDPR consent window, which still needs to be verified to EU citizens. So unfortunately those users will now need to get two ugly consent windows which doesn't really give a good impression when starting a new game.. but this is the new rules

• Thanks for the detailed description! So I hope my update is accepted now that I integrated the "Request IDFA"-line of code.

I totally agree with you. It's really annoying for the users to have to read and decide about two consent messages (may even be in different languages!) before they can start playing. :-(

• Apart from prompting IDFA in game, here's another struggle ==> developer.apple.com/app-store/app-privacy-details which seems to be mandatory starting Dec 8th.

I have just submitted a new game and there are so many questions to answer, most of which I'm just guessing because there's no proper documentation regarding what Admob collects.

Jump to:
Order by:
Duplicate Topics
Last Post
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)