How does iOS 14 IDFA restriction affect us?

1 favourites
From the Asset Store
Build a thrilling space station scenario with these level assets and characters.
  • I also got a reject due to AppTrackingTransparency

• monkeydisko or Ashley - could you confirm if using the "Request IDFA" line of code actually brings up the native App Tracking Transparency dialog / confirmation popup? This one:

Im not using this plugin nor AdMob so I can't test myself but I wanted to provide some info to Chadori / Construct Master Collection to see if this is something that could possibly be implemented into a standalone plugin in some way..

• Yes, I can confirm, that this popup shows up (the German/English mixture is really ugly by the way).

• Yes, I can confirm, that this popup shows up (the German/English mixture is really ugly by the way).

I think you can define the english part yourself, it is a text string you can set in xcode. the german part is defined by Apple, and is shown in the iOS langauge of the phone.

• hi everyone, I tried to publish on Appstore but the reviewer rejected twice.

I request once when start game and nevershow again but here is message the reviewer left me:

"We continue to find that your app includes App Tracking Transparency permissions requests, but it encourages or directs users to accept tracking. Specifically, your app directs the user to accept tracking in the following way(s):

- A message asks users to reconsider their decision after they deny permission.

Permission requests give users control of their personal information. It is important to respect their decision about how their data is used."

Anyone help me please!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You are showing the consent screen (to show personal ads), they ask you about the ATT/IDFA request. These are not related.

• You are showing the consent screen (to show personal ads), they ask you about the ATT/IDFA request. These are not related.

hi, thank you for comment, here is what I do. can you show me how to correct that please. I tried so many times to publish :(

• just put Request IDFA at start of first layout. it will automatically only trigger for iOs. and only trigger once, unless the user reset the app.

So remove all your events like those you have.

• just put Request IDFA at start of first layout. it will automatically only trigger for iOs. and only trigger once, unless the user reset the app.

OMG, just easy like that? I will try it immediately. Thank you so much!

I have just been rejected again, awww. It didnt work. I dont know why, still the same isse.

• Anyone help me please :(

• app-tracking-idfa

https://www.construct.net/en/make-games/addons/553/app-tracking-idfa-aaid

Admob ++

https://www.construct.net/en/game-assets/addons/admob-plus-pro-768

thank for your help but I just only know build by C3 service :(

• Subtracted that in C3 it is done like this (Fig. 1). I checked everything works. But the application was still rejected with the text and such a picture (Fig. 2)

Guidance 5.1.2 - Legality - Confidentiality - Use and exchange of data

We have noticed that you are not using App Tracking Transparency to request user permission before collecting the data used to track them. Instead, your app displays a custom prompt that prompts the user to allow tracking.

Starting with iOS 14.5, apps in the App Store must obtain user permission through the AppTrackingTransparency platform before collecting the data used to track them. It is not practical to ask for permission using a custom request.

Next steps

If your app collects user tracking data, you should follow these steps:

1. If you have not already done so, update your app's privacy information in App Store Connect to indicate that you are tracking users. You must have the Account Owner or Administrator role to update your app's privacy information.

2. Implement Application Tracking Transparency.

3. Remove custom prompts and request permission using AppTrackingTransparency before collecting user tracking data.

Jump to:
Order by:
Duplicate Topics
Last Post
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)