Imagine if every software you use had a warning popup after 2 hours of work

Imagine if your operating system popped up with a warning that you've been working for 2 hours

Imagine if in the middle of a movie, Netflix interrupted you that you've been watching for 2 hours

Imagine if Photoshop asked you to stop using the software because it determined you're using it too much

The feature on Construct 3 while I understand is well intended, causes way more frustration than help. It also dissolves trust that popups are important so users will X popups more often considering them irrelevant

These are basic UX practices and it saddens me deeply that they made it into the final product

Menu>Settings>Show take a beak...

Hell yeah game development besties

Every 2 minutes would be annoying, 2 hours is a long time. Also the pop up could be useful to remind you to save.

7.5 minutes is JUST RIGHT. lemme touch grass now

Menu>Settings>Show take a beak...

Thank you, but its more about the principle and honestly just really really common sense. Flat shaped 2 dimensional common sense. Agrarian 11th century glory to the king like

Might I suggest an initial Never show again button? If enough people complain that is.

It's a health function.

And you have the option to disable it.

Many overly active, or hyper focused developers do actually benefit from it, regardless whether or not they enjoy the popup.

The only thing I wouldn't mind seeing is that it tracks time when your actually using it. On several occasions, I had my screen open, not using the computer, doing stuff in house, come back to the computer, and get the popup. That's a bit weird giving it a rather useless experience.

Might I suggest an initial Never show again button? If enough people complain that is.

That's awesome but instead of patching up an obviously wrong & irritating decision, why don't we think why no other serious software has this feature?

EDIT referring to the decision to have the button in the first place :p

It was a suggestion on the suggestion board and it is in line with some UK guidelines/laws for software that is used by minors iirc.

If every software had it I'd probably be better off tbh

I appreciate it myself, although I don't follow the advice. Other notable places I've seen it include Puzzle and Dragons and the Anno games.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads

I understand it's probably well-intentioned, but the effect is concentration-breaking which is annoying and hurts productivity. After a while all the little annoyances build up to become one big massive annoyance that makes you dislike using the software altogether...

You can turn off the reminder in settings. This thread is 5 months old and I don't think bumping it with more replies adds much, so closing.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)