Holding Down Mouse+Release not getting detected

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
2D fighting template based in the game that defined the fighting games genre.
  • I have a event where the condition is that if Throw is true and mouse is down Do something.But the thing is that for the throw to be true the mouse needs to be down for a few seconds[2] and then throw will be set true.But for this to work i need to hold down twice which is not something i can do for my project as i need to set throw to false when mouse button is released.

the best way to explain it is that it is like a short charg then a visual show of where the thing will be thrown.

For the Release problem it is related to what is above but to short explain what happens for some reason the event gets activated even though throw is true which is not what i want and this happends in the same tick even if throw is set to true so thisshoulndt be happening.

For clarification,throw is set to false As the last event in my project to ensure that the Release event wont happen.Also the set throw to true is above both events.

I have looked online and through the documents and i cant find anything pointing to what is going wrong :(

Here is some pictures:

[Throw]

[Release]

Ps.I will gladly give more information just ask down below

Tagged:

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Good evening, KURENANI!

I am not an expert, but if you share your project, me or someone else may be able to help you.

• Here is the link to the game,https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/c9h8qe6lff0ibe3lpw2xr/ShadowLightMan.c3p?rlkey=2150tsvunlbgrtr02mrpv9gnz&st=h9momeno&dl=0

To be able to spawn a rope first press q twice to switch to chain mode.

Once you are in chain mode there is 2 spawning options,instant which sends a ray to the mouse to check where the chain should spawn and the throwing which does not work thanks to this bug.

In the Event sheet Called Main Event,[my bad] there is group inside player called Dash.In there is the code for this mekanik...

Ps.On the start of the game press left click on the floor below,this will make it easier to navigate the level.

If there is any problems just askRedPinesCorp

• To be honest the example made me more confused than before, as the "left click" is really overwhelmed with actions;

But one thing I noticed is the "HoldingDownDuration" only resets if I hold the button down for two seconds (not necessarily consecutive seconds). This means that every little click sums up to this total and thus may cause some trouble.

• the Holdingdownduration only resets once left click is released and i havent found any other event that does the same so i am not sure what you meant with it.

the problem that i am having is that even if the condition is meet,the event does not happend until i hold it down again which is not something i can do for my game as releasing left click is the condition for reseting holdingdownduration...

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)