Google Play Store Requires to Use App Bundle

From the Asset Store
Google Analytics 4 Plugin for Construct 3 enables metrics and analytics for your games easily.

Hi, I have created a signed APK for my game (76 MB) to be uploaded to Google Play Store but somehow got blocked (cannot proceed to upload) as Google Play Store generated a warning message for me to upload App Bundle instead. I have uploaded a few games early this year but this is the first time Google request to upload App Bundle. Does anyone have this problem and how to solve it?

1. export to androidstudio project.
    2. select build > Generate Bundle/Apk.

I am facing the same problem... is c3 going to implement it in next release?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads

Thanks Eren, that was helpful. In fact I found out that you can export your C3 file (c3p format) using either Construct 3's built-in APK Builder (which is AWESOME btw!) or Android Studio. If you use Android Studio, however, it can create App Bundle which Google Play Store requires. So either way is good. In fact I still prefer using C3's built-in APK Builder which saves me tons of work and time when exporting to other platforms which is AWESOME!

From what we've heard the Play Console shows a somewhat aggressive warning telling you to use an App Bundle, but it's not required.

We use Cordova for creating mobile applications and it doesn't have support for generating App Bundles directly yet. Cordova applications don't lend themselves to the advantages that App Bundles offer, which is one of the reasons why the Cordova team haven't prioritised the work. Similarly when we looked into them we saw little advantage for us other than a small increase in maximum application archive size. We had hoped that they might resolve the larger issues around expansion APKs but they made no changes to that situation.

If it becomes a hard requirement we might be able to workaround the issue on the build server, but we haven't looked into how feasible that is and it's an action that we'd like to avoid. In the meantime your best option is to export as an Android Studio build and export the bundle yourself. Android Studio isn't as easy to use as xcode but creating an App Bundle isn't too bad, so hopefully it doesn't cause too many issues for people. Although we are aware that it's not ideal.

You can see the discussion on the Cordova GitHub https://github.com/apache/cordova-android/issues/610

Hello,

I have the same warning with the app-bundle requirement...

And no, I can't use the apk only, I HAVE TO upload an app-bundle...

Can you please tell me what I have to do so I can use my apk instead of the app-bundle, since you said it's not required but I couldn't find anything about it...

Best regards.

CGamez there is someone on the cordova thread I linked who mentions that they received the warning whenever they tried to publish, but in fact it wasn't that which was preventing them from publishing. Just bad UI.

Nepeo:

For me it's the only warning message and I definitely can't publish the APK, no chance...

I seem to be able to publish to the Alpha channel without any problems

I had no problems publishing an new Game APK to the Play store, there are several gotchas, these 2 below can cause the problem, described.

• Check you have filled all content ratings
    • Check you have selected your targeted countries (by default none are selected )

Hey,

thank you for all the information!

I just figured out that you have to complete all tasks even if you only want to upload an alpha / internal test-version.

Now it also works without the bundle.

Best regards.

Hey,

thank you for all the information!

I just figured out that you have to complete all tasks even if you only want to upload an alpha / internal test-version.

Now it also works without the bundle.

Best regards.

Thanks,You are a savior.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)