Google Play Policy Violation : App cannot contain a banner ad with multiple offers

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Google Analytics 4 Plugin for Construct 3 enables metrics and analytics for your games easily.
  • Hi everyone,

I have an issue of my app update being rejected due to a google play policy violation that says that my cannot contain a banner ad with multiple offers.

Here is a screenshot of what it looks like ..

But i have just implemented google ads with the c3 native advert plugin which is linked to my admob account with jo mediation so i don't understand how this is my fault?

i am sharing this here because this has happened to me a couple of times now, my app even got removed due to this few days back and i am afraid of getting banned if i violate ads policy again.

Could this be a bug on c3 end? If not please share your wisdom on how to solve this problem...

Thank you

• Bump! Any suggestions guesses at all? I posted this question on admob forums and they say "Check your codes and ensure the banner is only brought up once." https://support.google.com/admob/thread/20351014?hl=en

But I have checked my code and it just uses three events of advert ie.

Loader Layout : Create Banner ad

Next Layout : Show Banner Ad

On Layout End : Hide Banner Ad

• Looking at your screenshot in your first post, and since I have no clue what your game is, what/where the ad is supposed to be, I only can assume that the ad is the "SnapDeal" bar at the bottom, and it does indeed display multiple items, which could make sense with the rejection message you are getting.

If you think this a bug or issue in Construct 3, please post it to the GitHub issue tracker here:

https://github.com/Scirra/Construct-3-bugs/issues

Make sure to provide your actual project's source, and not just a vague screenshot if you want the issue to be properly investigated.

• Construct does not control the content of ads, so I'd guess this is something to take up with the ad provider.

• This sounds like an Admob configuration issue. I'm not familiar with the guideline your referring to, could you link it for me so I can take a closer look?

It's not possible to display a banner more than once, but I believe Admob (by default) swaps to a new advert periodically if the banner is open a long time. I'm not sure why that would be default if it's not allowed on the Play Store though. My only other guess is that one of the adverts you are showing is against the T & C's, which would be rather frustrating.

• It looks like a fully normal banner.

When you get a violation you can always respond to it, and you will get further information from Google, what they claim is wrong and how it should be. You will have the respond link in the email you receive from them

• This sounds like an Admob configuration issue. I'm not familiar with the guideline your referring to, could you link it for me so I can take a closer look?

It's not possible to display a banner more than once, but I believe Admob (by default) swaps to a new advert periodically if the banner is open a long time. I'm not sure why that would be default if it's not allowed on the Play Store though. My only other guess is that one of the adverts you are showing is against the T & C's, which would be rather frustrating.

It's a setting in AdMob, if you want Automatical refreshed banners (with new content) or not. (Inactive/Optimized by Google/Your own setting)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Ashley i think the only possible bug could be advert plugin requesting ad multiple times (even if that is the case i don't know how it can lead to this problem)

As i said earlier i posted the issue on admob forums and waiting for a solution there.

i posted this issue here thinking that someone else might be facing it too (as i am seeing such ads in a lot of games now a days) and might share there experiences here.

Kyatric sorry that i did not mentioned where ad is placed in screenshot.

i didn't realized it could be so hard that one have to assume what a banner ad is. I cannot post this as a bug as the ad received is different every time (sometimes it shows a single ad)

• If they claim the content is wrong, then just reply on the Violation ticket that the ad came from their own AdMob service. If you don't reply to their violation ticket then you will never know what's wrong.

• Hi Nepeo

Its under families policy https://play.google.com/about/families/ads-monetization/ "Banner ads showing multiple offers"

I believe Admob (by default) swaps to a new advert periodically if the banner is open a long time. I'm not sure why that would be default if it's not allowed on the Play Store though.

Its true that ad gets refreshed and its allowed, whats not allowed is multiple offers within a single banner ad.

My only other guess is that one of the adverts you are showing is against the T & C's, which would be rather frustrating.

That's my guess too, but i am also constantly looking for my options to display ads in admob to find a setting that could may be disable such ads.

fredriksthlm

When you get a violation you can always respond to it, and you will get further information from Google, what they claim is wrong and how it should be. You will have the respond link in the email you receive from them

I have responded to the email, my game was rejected several times, i responded and they just send me typical guidelines and best practices.

My app got reviewed again and again, many times violated the same policy and got removed temporarily, i updated again and by luck the banner may have shown a single ad a the time they reviewed my app and so it was approved, but then in next update the same violation happened.

• I think i have found where the problem is... the game is under "families program", and the guidelines says this... https://support.google.com/admob/answer/6223431?hl=en

Does c3 add this or is it something i have to do?

• I think i have found where the problem is... the game is under "families program", and the guidelines says this... https://support.google.com/admob/answer/6223431?hl=en

Does c3 add this or is it something i have to do?

Do you use mediation?

Regardless, have you set the ad contect to be classified as G?

• I just use admob ads without any mediation, and i have chosen G Category for my ads.

• The particular section they appear to be complaining about is down to the type of advert you are showing, which we don't have any control over. However, there are a few settings available in the Admob SDK related to children which we could expose to developers. I believe the relevant ones are setting the "max_ad_content_rating" value and tagging the advert request for "child directed treatment".

• Is it easy to add these options in advert plugin? can i expect them in next beta release?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)