Google Play Policy Violation : App cannot contain a banner ad with multiple offers

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Google Analytics 4 Plugin for Construct 3 enables metrics and analytics for your games easily.
  • Just finished adding them, although I need to do some testing. There's 3 new actions:

1. Set max advert content rating
    2. Tag for child directed treatment
    3. Tag for under age of consent

I think you need to set the first to "General Audiences" and the second to true to meet the store guidelines to display ads to kids.

The last one is a little more confusing, not much guidance is given on it. It appears to only be needed under GDPR areas, but quite how your supposed to know if your user is under the age of consent I have no idea. As per usual Admob says they are only providing the tools, and that you need to decide if you need them.

• Thank you for adding these options,

Currently i have submitted an update for my game without families policy, as soon as it gets approved i will publish an update using the new actions and will let you know how that goes.

• Really strange issue.. :(

If you set your app to G (in the console) all ads should be in line with the family program. I have it for several apps, and they are approved for the family program just fine. It is clearly stated that all ads should be suitable for families and children, if set to G.

(IF the rejection would be that you were not compliant with the family policy it should state this:

Issue: Violation of Families Policy Requirements, but you get a different violation status?)

IF you get a violation from Google and resubmit to review the same build they will reply with the same print screen and same violation. A new review is only done if you post a new build when resubmitting (at least that is what they told me).

Was both your account and app set to G in admob before submitting your latest build?

Normally the review team is helpful when you reply and ask what is needed to adjust. At least this is my experience.

• fredriksthlm Yeah it is quite a confusing issue. In my mind you shouldn't need to set "child directed" as setting your content rating to "G" should imply that it's suitable for children.

I expect the method to set content rating from the app is an additional method to allow more specific control ( per user as opposed to per app ).

• fredriksthlm Yeah it is quite a confusing issue. In my mind you shouldn't need to set "child directed" as setting your content rating to "G" should imply that it's suitable for children.

I expect the method to set content rating from the app is an additional method to allow more specific control ( per user as opposed to per app ).

Yes, if you set the ad rating to G in Admob for the app it should only serve ads that are suitable for children. (The standard is that the app ad rating is derived from the account ad rating, which can be set to other than G... So you really need to verify that it is really G, before posting the build that are going to review. And if something was not compliant and you need a new review it is needed to post a new build, even if you didn't change anyhing. Otherwise they will use the old review.

I got some rejection one time for an ad violation as well, I just replied I used their service, so I cannot be responsible of the ad content! They replied this:

Hi Fredrik,

Thanks for contacting the Google Play team.

Status of app: Not available on Google Play, pending your action

We’ve accepted your appeal and included details below about what additional steps you’ll need to take to get your app to appear on Google Play.

Action required: Submit your app

In order to show your app on Google Play, please submit your app again:

Sign in to your Play Console. Make sure to increment the version number of the APK.

Select your app.

Select Store presence > Store listing.

Click Submit update or Resubmit app.

• Was both your account and app set to G in admob before submitting your latest build?

Normally the review team is helpful when you reply and ask what is needed to adjust. At least this is my experience.

I had the content on admob set to G but it still got rejected and then removed due to multiple ads showing in a single banner.

Issue: Violation of Families Policy Requirements

Apps that contain elements that appeal to children must comply with all Families Policy Requirements. We found the following issue(s) with your app:

Ads & Monetization: Ad format requirements​

Only one ad placement can occur per page within your app.

For example, your app cannot contain a banner ad with multiple offers.

To resolve this issue, please remove any additional ads displaying on each page within your app before submitting an app update. For more details, you can refer to the Ad format requirements section on the Ads and Monetization policy page.

I too dont think that it is a fault on construct side as the game was accepted before and only got rejected when the ad content showed multiple ads in a single banner like this :

I have made several violations due to this now and so i had to go with opting out from the families programs policy, as there is a solid chance that the app would get rejected due to the same type of ads.

• Well we've added the additional configuration options to the plugin now, but I understand your position.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hi everyone,

I have an issue of my app update being rejected due to a google play policy violation that says that my cannot contain a banner ad with multiple offers.

Here is a screenshot of what it looks like ..

But i have just implemented google ads with the c3 native advert plugin which is linked to my admob account with jo mediation so i don't understand how this is my fault?

i am sharing this here because this has happened to me a couple of times now, my app even got removed due to this few days back and i am afraid of getting banned if i violate ads policy again.

Could this be a bug on c3 end? If not please share your wisdom on how to solve this problem...

Thank you

Did you find a solution to this problem?

I have the same problem

• Mobeen alhakimi

I had to opt out of family policy for my game due to multiple policy violations. But i think we have actions now in advert plugin to control the ad rating, try those to see if it solves the problem.

Please share if it works. Good luck!

• Any one got solution to this problem ? Iam also facing the same problem.

• Hi everyone,

do we have to set max advert content rating everytime we push an ads or only once?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)