google play console

0 favourites
  • 1 posts
From the Asset Store
Google Analytics 4 Plugin for Construct 3 enables metrics and analytics for your games easily.
  • I'm trying to upload a brand new .aab file to the Google Play Console, but keep getting this error:

You uploaded an APK or Android App Bundle that is signed with a key that is also used to sign APKs that are delivered to users. Because you are enrolled in Play App Signing, you should sign your APK or Android App Bundle with a new key before you upload it.

I'm completely stumped, as I generated a new key for this app bundle at the time of generating the app bundle, i.e. through the Build > Generate Signed Bundle / APK... menu item in Android Studio, so it is a brand new key, unused by other apps.

I've even tried creating a whole new keystore with a new key in it, but always get the same error. Is this some quirk someone else has come across?

When enrolling for App Signing by Google Play for this app, I chose the "Let Google manage and protect your app signing key (recommended)" option, and from all the documentation I've read, the key that you use to sign the app with first becomes the "Upload Key", so it seems like I'm doing everything correctly, but no dice.

Does anyone have any advice, or past experience on this?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)