General enquiry

0 favourites
  • 13 posts
From the Asset Store
Enlist the menacing fleet commander of the galactic star force in your next game audio production.
  • Hello everyone

I am working on a pretty big project and for the best safety ,i save my project in cloud besides offline storage.But i have a little bit slow internet so it takes a good amount of time

My doubt is,when my project is getting saved online(loading is going on at left-bottom side of construct 3),can i simultaneously work on my project(there is a fear in my mind that in between the uploading if i edit my project,it would get corrupt )

Ashley ,can you help me ?

• like,something else was to be uploaded and suddenly something was edited at the crucial moment

• Yes, you can work on your project while cloud save uploads. Have you tried it?

• No

After doing a good amount of work, I apply for online save and then I wait till it does not get completed

Thanks for answering the question

• I'm going to seriously recommend you set automatic backups to the browser as well. I work on two different computers and save to the cloud as well. Yesterday, both failed to download and run my project. Fortunately, I went to the one I worked on last and loaded the local backup and only lost a couple lines of code.

• There can never be enough backups!

Just as a note: Google Drive saves up to 100 versions of files for 30 days. So if your newest version fails, you can also try to go back to a different version. It makes a new version for every save.

• Fengist brother, how to set up automatic backup in browser???

• Fengist brother, how to set up automatic backup in browser???

It's in the main menu under settings, save & backup / periodically back up active project. You can set it to backup to the cloud but, like you, it takes a good while to back mine up so I tell it to backup to the browser every 10 minutes which is much faster.

• > Fengist brother, how to set up automatic backup in browser???

It's in the main menu under settings, save & backup / periodically back up active project. You can set it to backup to the cloud but, like you, it takes a good while to back mine up so I tell it to backup to the browser every 10 minutes which is much faster.

Do you have any ideas on how to auto-backup a multiplayer game?

I often work with 2 tabs, one for the host and one for the peer. Sometimes I'm only working on peer-side stuff so I leave the host running while I run lots of previews on the peer. The problem is with auto-backup the old host version will auto-backup and overwrite my changes I'm making to the peer tab

• In the latest version of Construct you can run multiple previews from one editor so you don't need to have two editors running.

• Woops, Ashley beat me to it.

Run the first instance by running preview. Then, hold ALT and run a second preview.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • And I want to also ask a simple question

I have noticed in many places, like github and on the forms too, that users talk about updating to a particular version. How to do that too???

What I normally do

I open construct3.com,click on launch construct 3 and jump on my work. I never got any message regarding any updates

• If you launch C3 through the browser like you do, it runs the latest version. We've been talking about when it gets installed as an app on your desktop.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)