GameRecording Plugin makes Game Run Slow

0 favourites
  • 14 posts
From the Asset Store
Full game Construct 2 and Construct 3 to post on Google Play
  • Hi everyone,

I am using GameRecorder plugin in my game to record screen, but the moment t starts recording the Game starts running Super Slow on Android,

i was wondering is this normal and can i do anything to fix it?

• When you record you pretty much double the workload, so this is a hardware thing.

You can either try a better machine, or reduce the size of the canvas.

• Hi newt thanks for replying

i am currently using pretty low quality recording i guess...

Do you think i can do anything else in its settings to reduce the load?

• That will help, but it's the size of the screen that matters.

• alright!

I will try setting Canvas size to low while recording then, may be that would reduce the slowdown.

• Recording the game does have a high performance impact - every frame it has to take a copy of the entire screen, and then compress it in to a video, and video compression is highly performance intensive.

Using a lower quality video with a lower bitrate actually requires more intensive compression, which will have a greater performance overhead. So it may actually be faster to use a very high bitrate video so less compression is necessary, and then recompress the video afterwards.

• Thanks for the info! I will keep that in mind!

• Ashley

I never got it working and forgot about it until now when i need it very much for my game to work,

So it may actually be faster to use a very high bitrate video so less compression is necessary, and then recompress the video afterwards.

I get that i should use the high video quality(2500 set as default is high) but i am clueless about the second part of "recompressing the video afterwards"... there are no actions of compression in the plugin.

• I meant using third-party software to recompress the video file you got from Construct.

• If you have nvidia look into shadowplay. Works with construct too and I don´t think it has any performance impact, or at least barely any.

• I meant using third-party software to recompress the video file you got from Construct.

But There are no third party plugins available to compress a recorded video, i checked.

If you have nvidia look into shadowplay. Works with construct too and I don´t think it has no performance impact, or at least barely any.

Sorry but i didn't completely understood what you want to say....are you saying that even recording in high quality and compressing afterwords doesn't make a difference in performance afterall?

• > I meant using third-party software to recompress the video file you got from Construct.

But There are no third party plugins available to compress a recorded video, i checked.

I mean video editing software. It's completely separate to Construct.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Ok,i get it now,

but i think there is a misunderstanding here

the problem here is that i am not using "record game" for making a tutorial video or anything like that.

What i am trying to implement in my game is to allow the user to get the recording of what they have created (its a game about stacking blocks and the thing u build is recreated on screen and recorded) and so they a video to share. That's why it needs to be fast, so to record it like it is (without lagging).

• Well then, I guess the size of the video doesn't matter, so a low-compression (high bitrate) video should be faster and work fine.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)