Game Performance on Android sucks

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Firebase: Analytics, Dynamic Links, Remote Config, Performance, Crashlytics on Android, iOS & Web Browser
  • mm 80 objects are definitely nothing to worry even if it's Run Every Tick doing things like just move etc.... My guess is like Kyatric says its something with the phone that is not supported.

Or

Another important place to look with only 80 objects though is the behaviours you are using

Example:

You may have a Pathfinder behaviour and all the 80 objects are trying to find a Path every tick making the Game lug and stuttering.

Definitely, you should make a Demo and share it, most likely it will get solved pretty quick unless is the phones fault which then nothing you could do.

Another thing you could try is to disable the "Worker Mode" and then export and see if it helps

• The fact it runs fine on chrome on the device - leads me to believe it’s the apk...or the wrapper

• Possibly some issue with the compiling to Android then.

What export method did you use ?

• I don't know what all that data is, but it would be better to show some image and part of the code if you want some help.

• Possibly some issue with the compiling to Android then.

What export method did you use ?

Debug APK. 40 FPS on APK Vs 60 FPS on chrome on the mobile device.

• My best guess from the (not much) information available here is the device has a buggy GPU driver that kills performance. It's pretty rare these days but is usually the main reason you end up with poor performance in strange circumstances. If you test a variety of other devices, I would guess the other devices would all be just fine, and only your specific device has an issue.

If you only have one device to test on, and it's got some kind of problem, it's easy to imagine that all devices have the problem, or that it's Construct's fault, or HTML5 sucks, etc. This is why it's important to test on a few devices, to make sure you're not misled by specific-device issues. Android in particular is a bit of a minefield with lots of quirky different devices around. And if I'm right about the GPU driver issue, ironically that is to do with the native technology on the device provided by one of the manufacturers - and nothing to do with your game, Construct, or HTML5.

• Ashley question out of curiosity - are there cases where driver bugs affect cordova app performance but not chrome performance? It looks like his phone runs stock android 9 - in which case isn't the cordova app using chrome (not android system webview) so shouldn't the performance should be the same? Do debug APK have much overhead compared to a release APK?

• My best guess from the (not much) information available here is the device has a buggy GPU driver that kills performance. It's pretty rare these days but is usually the main reason you end up with poor performance in strange circumstances. If you test a variety of other devices, I would guess the other devices would all be just fine, and only your specific device has an issue.

If you only have one device to test on, and it's got some kind of problem, it's easy to imagine that all devices have the problem, or that it's Construct's fault, or HTML5 sucks, etc. This is why it's important to test on a few devices, to make sure you're not misled by specific-device issues. Android in particular is a bit of a minefield with lots of quirky different devices around. And if I'm right about the GPU driver issue, ironically that is to do with the native technology on the device provided by one of the manufacturers - and nothing to do with your game, Construct, or HTML5.

60-61 FPS on chrome on this device. Issue is purely with APK. And my buggy gpu manages to play any other Play Store 2D game without any issues.

• indy2005 are you using mobile specific plugins, like mobile IAP, mobile advert or possibly google play? That might be something which is different between the chrome version and the apk version...

• AdMob plug-in for interstitial and reward ads

• You could try disabling anything related to admob and see if that changes the apk performance. Would at least narrow down the problem, or rule out admob as the cause.

• You could try disabling anything related to admob and see if that changes the apk performance. Would at least narrow down the problem, or rule out admob as the cause.

The cost of ads is 20-30 FPS? I only trigger an ad on game over?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • The cost of ads is 20-30 FPS? I only trigger an ad on game over?

It shouldn't be. But this is standard troubleshooting procedure. Right now you know there is difference in performance between the apk and chrome. One difference between them is admob. So if you disable the admob events, you will know IF that is causing the performance difference.

• > The cost of ads is 20-30 FPS? I only trigger an ad on game over?

It shouldn't be. But this is standard troubleshooting procedure. Right now you know there is difference in performance between the apk and chrome. One difference between them is admob. So if you disable the admob events, you will know IF that is causing the performance difference.

First I will disable the events, then I will try with the plug-in completely removed from the project if there is no difference.

• Neither makes any difference...has to be the apk

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)