Frankly, Whats the point of c3?

From the Asset Store
Connect the dots in the correct order and draw happy animals!
  • I wonder how your observation (which I already saw somewhere else on the forum) is adding value to this topic of forum.

On a sidenote: I think only 0.1% of C2 users are unhappy and extremely vocal.

• On a sidenote: I think only 0.1% of C2 users are unhappy and extremely vocal.

The minority is always the loudest in everything. That's how it goes. But the minority also helps shape things, so it's not always bad to have discontent. Malcontent, however, is another thing when linking to other engine forums.

• I've deleted that post as it adds nothing to the discussion and I'm sure you can appreciate how it might be interpreted by us as trying to redirect customers to competitors.

• Tom

I have a hypothetical:

What is to keep someone from setting up a little side business with a licensed copy of C3 so people with the free version can send them their capx and get it exported to whatever platform they want?

Is there anything written in the license that prevents someone from doing that or any programming that prevents importing other people's capx?

Not that I would do something like that but I am sure other people will think of doing it.

• Is there anything written in the license that prevents someone from doing that or any programming that prevents importing other people's capx?

For C2 the license forbids renting it out. For C3 the license is unknown yet but will surely contain a similar clause.

• Yes, I believe we already have T&C covering that and will be part of the C3 T&C.

• Yes, I believe we already have T&C covering that and will be part of the C3 T&C.

Ok but once a project is exported to a platform how is anyone going to trace it back to who exported it and how can Scirra go after people in other countries if they just ignore the license?

Do you have some built in code to lock a specific users engine in C3?

I don't think people doing that are going to openly advertise who they are.

• I'm afraid for security reasons can't really go into that sort of information, hope you understand

• I'm afraid for security reasons can't really go into that sort of information, hope you understand

Well, the way you handle security will be a determining factor for some people in deciding if they want to buy C3.

Sounds like you have some built in code to tell what a person is exporting which raises privacy concerns over our projects.

Like your C3 progam many game designers don't want people looking through their capx which may contain copyrighted and proprietary information.

• Read our privacy policy when it's published as it will cover your concerns.

[quote:20o7a4ai]Like your C3 progam many game designers don't want people looking through their capx which may contain copyrighted and proprietary information.

We don't look through your Capx files, as mentioned in a previous thread we don't have access to your Capx files.

• I just said a lot of stuff.

Can't tell if you're being sneaky or overly paranoid.

• > I just said a lot of stuff.

>

Can't tell if you're being sneaky or overly paranoid.

Just getting to the stuff not being discussed that should be before considering purchasing the new C3 engine.

Lots of discussions on features and very little on security and built in codes that could end a game designers ability to use the engine which is very important to game developers that make a living from that business.

Also DO NOT put my name next to things I did not say in the future!

• Lots of discussions on features and very little on security and built in codes that could end a game designers ability to use the engine which is very important to game developers that make a living from that business.

Security is a nebulous concept. What aspect of the Construct 3 engine's security are you specifically concerned about? And what security aspects do you think would end a gamedevs ability to use Construct 3?

You've asked about security several times already and Tom has to repeat himself. What is it you're so worried about that hasn't been addressed? No one is looking through your capx files. No one is stealing your "code" on the cloud. And no you can't make a side business helping to export people's files.

You don't like the sub. You're not going to sub. But you're just rehashing the same security stuff because you're looking out for the interests of others who might buy it, who are more than capable of reading the T&C regarding security? Come on.

On topic of this thread: The point of C3 is an upgrade to C2. Different look, some new features, different support. It's not a demand to upgrade. Many of us kept using Unity 4.6 long after Unity 5. You don't have to upgrade, but if you do, you do it because you want the features that C3 has which may not be in C2.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • > Lots of discussions on features and very little on security and built in codes that could end a game designers ability to use the engine which is very important to game developers that make a living from that business.

>

Security is a nebulous concept. What aspect of the Construct 3 engine's security are you specifically concerned about?

Well I thought I made that clear in my previous post and you basically told me to shut up and stop asking and read the privacy T&C when it comes out?

I want to know how C3 is handling security that will allow you to know what a person is publishing to enforce your license?

For example: If I have a license C3 version and my buddy has a free version and I use my version to upload his capx and export it to a different platform is Scirra going to know of that and will they lock my engine?

I don't know of any other way you could enforce your license without including code that would allow Scirra to internally shut down a specific engine and that raises privacy concerns over who is vieweing and possibly copying our capx projects.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)