Export to Android OK, Export to iOS, Help

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Game with complete Source-Code (Construct 3 / .c3p) + HTML5 Exported.
  • Export from Construct3 for Android platform, works like a charm, no issues!

Exporting the same game for iOS I get the following behaviour: initial screen OK, level navigation OK, but choose a level and reloads back to initial screen.

..no crashing out of Safari, no error message, no nothing. [on real iOS device]

I have seen other posts saying almost the same thing:

construct.net/en/forum/construct-3/general-discussion-7/ios-safari-loading-issues-139894

Interestingly with Remote Preview, I get exactly the same behaviour, only this time I see a brief message from Safari "Page reloaded because something went wrong" .. and then back to initial screen.

I now suspect that perhaps my issue is more likely to be about how I am using Safari / Webkit resources and not so much about setting up Xcode correctly.

What do I need to be aware of when it comes to potential Safari / WebKit issues on iOS?

Tagged:

• Interestingly with Remote Preview, I get exactly the same behaviour, only this time I see a brief message from Safari "Page reloaded because something went wrong"

That means Safari crashed.

Either your game used more memory than the device had available (see memory usage), or it's a bug in Safari/iOS, in which case you'd need to report it to Apple.

• Thank you Ashley.

I did the project > tools > Stats thing..

I got this result..(partial)

===================

Layouts: 110

Event sheets: 25

Total number of events: 6740

Total number of conditions: 9706

Total number of actions: 10233

Object types: 448

Families: 1

Estimated peak memory usage is 832 mb due to largest layout 55

Top 10 layouts by image memory usage

55: 832 mb

59: 806 mb

57: 805 mb

58: 805 mb

40: 780 mb

53: 779 mb

56: 779 mb

51: 778 mb

52: 777 mb

==========================

After reading the memory usage guide and the 'Remember not to waste your memory blog',

.. I guess I am in trouble.

Still, a little surprised that the same game runs on Android (tablets and phones) which have less memory on them than an iPhone8 with 64GB running iOS14.3!

I have been looking to see what Apple says about Safari limits but so far coming up empty.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • ~800mb image memory use on mobile is extremely high, so yes, I would expect the problem is you've designed your game to use far too much memory. The iPhone 8 has 2GB RAM (I think, from a quick google of its specs), the 64GB figure is for the permanent storage; there will be a wide range of other things it needs to keep in memory to run the phone and the rest of your game, so you may well have filled up all 2GB.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)