Every Tick question

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
  • Hi All,

This is probably me doing something wrong, but for the life of me I can't pinpoint it.

I have an 'Every Tick' action that isn't under any other action. It's working on one layout, but not the other.

Is there anything that would cause Every Tick to only execute on a specific layout or that would otherwise cause Every Tick not to execute at all on a particular layout?

Thanks!

• Event sheets are tied to specific layouts.

You should check each sheet in the project properties and make sure they are assigned to the proper layout.

Keep in mind you can have multiple sheets assigned to the same layout.

• id suggest to just play around with it, tie it to an obviously visible trigger, something along the lines of if 5 is pressed on keyboard a giant red box shows up, or it sets a txt to something, from there you should be able to tweak things to see where the issue is, granted you probably did that before posting. i would also suggest to look for any other "every tick" events, maybe you have multiple which are in turn cancelling eachother out? or maybe two triggers to the same event. theres been a lot of times where it was just a matter of overlooking something, such as duplicates of triggers etc. also make sure the event isnt inverted, or set up with a special condition. worst case scenario, try remaking the event. if every tick doesnt seem to work try every 0.0001 seconds or something to that extent

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • offside questions

how many everytick there are in 0.25 seconds ?

• Oh boy. After all these years I'm still making dumb mistakes and overlooking the simple things. I didn't have the layout assigned to the even sheet. Please don't tell anyone

• offside questions

how many everytick there are in 0.25 seconds please ?

thanks in advance

• offside questions

how many everytick there are in 0.25 seconds please ?

thanks in advance

See what the system says "fps" is, and divide that by 4.

• > offside questions

> how many everytick there are in 0.25 seconds please ?

> thanks in advance

>

See what the system says "fps" is, and divide that by 4.

0.017 ?

• Sounds about right.

At 60 fps you would get 30 frames at half that, and 15 at half of half, or 0.25.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)