Don't pause on Unfocus (Mainly in Multiplayer)

1 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Tap the ball, control it, avoid touching spikes and score higher!
  • This request has already been made several times, with no response. I recently found an old topic that has an interesting comment on it, so I'm reopening the application.

The reason is that pauseOnBlur makes it impossible to create any real time multiplayer P2P game in Construct.

To understand why, just open the engine's own multiplayer examples and press alt+tab as the host. The second player will lose movement. Even if the objects are not synchronized, the player stops running events that would be important in a Real Time game.

Is it possible to somehow prevent the game from pausing when it's out of focus?

Tagged:

• Hmm, I haven't dabbled with multiplayer in a while but I faintly remember that that's not supposed to happen actually. If a player is set as host specifically it should keep the game running regardless. Maybe I remember that wrong though...

• Hmm, I haven't dabbled with multiplayer in a while but I faintly remember that that's not supposed to happen actually. If a player is set as host specifically it should keep the game running regardless. Maybe I remember that wrong though...

This works in a weird way. The host keeps receiving some events (messages I believe), but it keeps the object synchronized in its position.

Anyway, as a better example just use Photon and nothing else works. The game is completely paused.

Even without considering multiplayer, some games that have "action wait" can make the player want to press alt+tab to do something else. It is very unpleasant not being able to disable this option.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • looking forward to an answer.

• In addition, disabling Pause on unfocus in the preview doesn't work either.

• what I do is on suspended if host, leave the room and let host migration happen, and on resume, reconnect to the game, and then you can give that player a little disconnected speech bubble and destroy their character if they take too long to rejoin. you can also make their character be controller by an AI so it doesn't break the flow of the game if it is a team game

• Complicated idea... but very creative haha

In a two-player situation, if both players alt+tab at the same time, the room would be closed. XD

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)