Display the user’s Xbox gamertag as the primary display ???

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
  • How to -

" Display the user’s Xbox gamertag as the primary display and profile name "

• I can get the game to login OK, but, how are folks getting that 'little gray bar/button' in the upper right to display gamertag etc ???

Sample Code or Construct file ???? etc ???

The game doesn't actually use XBOX Live, but, MS ' Requires ' it to get into Creators Program.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Our game Crystal Brawl was a launch title that was released on the XBox Live Creators Program, but I actually did not do anything about gamertags. I think they were being lenient about that in the beginning, and now it's probably a strict requirement.

I think you can get the gamertag with the Xbox Live plugin's "Request profile info" action. However the tutorial does not explain how to actually use the info, so an explanation there would be nice. https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/9540/u ... n-uwp-apps

• Thanks for the Follow-up, if I figure it out I'll Post it here.

BTW, Cool Game !

• Still having trouble.

Any Hints ? Tips ? Samples ?

• I went and experimented for you. When you set a variable, for the value, start typing "xbox" and you should see the XboxLive object in the auto-complete list. Then right after "XboxLive" type "." and you see a list of properties, like GamerTag. I hope this helps you.

FYI, I'm not sure what you're referring to when you say "little gray bar/button in the upper right".

• This thing ....

How to get it in C3 ?

• Oh interesting, is that a Unity template? Did Microsoft provide that somewhere? I don't think there's anything like that for Construct, I guess you have to make it on your own..?

• Studio Mercato

Can you actually submit games to the store right now and can people buy the games on XBOX One?

• I went and experimented for you. When you set a variable, for the value, start typing "xbox" and you should see the XboxLive object in the auto-complete list. Then right after "XboxLive" type "." and you see a list of properties, like GamerTag. I hope this helps you.

FYI, I'm not sure what you're referring to when you say "little gray bar/button in the upper right".

Hey I have a question for you.

Is it possible to load mutable profiles in C2? say a local multiplayer game, and I want to load mutable gamertags and save data. (customization for example). I could for instance ask a user to sign in every time "A" is pressed on a new controller. But the Xbox object only says things like "sign the user in". It does not seem to offer parameters. and my worry is that player 2 signing in might sign player 1 out.

I could remember P1's gamertag in C2 in a variable. But If P1 was signed out then I could not write to P1's profile. (new customization or high scores for example)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)