Display a long text dialog (android bug)

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Full game Construct 2 and Construct 3 to post on Google Play
  • I am creating a simulator, in this simulator I intend to put a text manual on some screens.

My manual is quite extensive so it should be scrollable like a pdf that you usually read around.

My attempts to display the text (remembering that my simulator must work on both web and android).

1. I tried to use the iframe by placing a link to a new page on google sites where my texts were, but it didn't even load on android.

2. In this attempt I created an html file and tried to display it in the iframe, but again it didn't work on android. (ignore the overlapping buttons, this is another bug of the construct)

3.this attempt consists of me trying to display a pdf in the iframe everything worked in the preview! but the apk didn't even install on android for the simple fact of having a .pdf file the project simply broke on android.

I would very much like to display an amount of scrollable text for reading, does anyone have any ideals of how to do this in construct3?

• Have you tried a simple Text object? You can style it with BBCode. Vertical scrolling can be done with Drag&Drop behavior. If you need more advanced scrolling, there are lots of examples on this forum.

• Have you tried a simple Text object? You can style it with BBCode. Vertical scrolling can be done with Drag&Drop behavior. If you need more advanced scrolling, there are lots of examples on this forum.

I do not want to choose this solution, because it is not simple, come on guys there must be another way to do this!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • It is simple. You can easily convert html formatting to BBcode, there are plenty of online tools.

How much text do you need to display at a time? If no more than 1-2 pages, you can save all these texts as images.

If you don't like this solution either, then good luck fixing the iframe.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)