Decrease in downloads due to the use of RAM

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
  • I continue to receive many negative reviews for the consumption of RAM in games.

They only work on phones with 3 or more gigasbytes of memory.

My downloads have decreased by 50% since I use C3.

Will it continue working on ram consumption, or is it a "resolved" issue with the latest changes?

Tagged:

• As far as I can tell, with the latest releases (which have a new spritesheet size property letting you customise memory vs. performance as well as several other optimisations), C3 projects have around the same memory use as C2 projects. I think I even verified this with a project you sent me!

• To reduce the memory I had to convert many sprites to tiles, put many sprites in 1 and use the minimum size of sprite sheets.

Now the game needs a maximum of 380 megabytes (before almost 600). 380 is not much, but it requires a lot of extra optimization work.

• I'm trying to post my own problem until I read this topic.So I will share my problem on tiledbackground and I'm currently developing my game for a mobile game, my problem is something like this. I have a player using 8 direction movement, a touch event for mobile controls, some tiled background(64x64) for the walls and lastly a tiledbackground(128x128) for a background. My Viewport size is 720x1280(landscape) when I'm testing my game on an android device (8.0) I noticed that my FPS drop from 60 to 45-52 whenever the player moves in a different direction after trying different method to solved my problem I found out that my background is causing a problem.Here are my method lists.

METHOD 1 :

Delete background (tiledbackground)

Current FPS when moving player: 58-60

METHOD 2:

Change background to a sprite instead of tiledbackground

Current FPS when moving player:56-60

Problem: apk size will increase(gonna used multiple backgrounds)

METHOD 3:

Change Viewport size to a smaller one

Current FPS when moving player: 58-60

Problem:I don't feel like using small viewport.

• ihvan020 - FPS is unrelated to RAM, so you should start a new thread to discuss that separately to this.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • ihvan020 It would be helpful to see your event sheet.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)