So now that we have heard a lot of the announcements from Construct 3, to be honest it has been pretty underwhelming, yes there are a few cool things, but there are no significant improvements nor added functionality to what I already do. This isn’t a thread to complain, but this is my wishlist, in Construct 3’s current state there are no significant added benefits for me to upgrade so I will see if there are any meaningful improvements in the future. My wishlist are as follows:
1. Better physics behaviour. The Physics behaviour works well enough, but doing more advanced things is pretty complicated, it would be really interesting what kind of physics games could be created with a better physics engine.
2. Multiple collision polygons. Sprites should be able to have more than one collision polygon, instead of using multiple sprites.
3. Able to write custom programs/code in the game, instead of making them plugins or behaviours, similar to Game Maker.
4. More advanced particle generator
5. More behaviours that automate time consuming processes. Such as creating a behaviour for a menu and then calling it ‘menu’ to use all the time.
6. Better animation import support, similar to gamemaker, that automatically imports all the frames of animations correctly
7. Better educational support features, such as allowing teachers to build in game tutorials in Construct 3, similar to Microsoft Touch Develop.
That’s all I can think of, for now.
You guys are free to write your suggestions for Construct 3, please do not use this thread to complain about C3 or praise it. After all the blogs that we have been released, this is just a list of suggestion from the community to improve on C3.