Construct 3 NW.js desktop app

• Hi all, just to clarify something - I thought switching to the standard version had fixed it for me, but after while I had problems again. As some others have said I had to downgrade to nwjs version 0.44.6 before it would work for me. It seems unlikely it's a Construct issue. I'm just going to stick to nwjs 0.44.6 for a while as I haven't had any other problems with it.

• I just installed the latest desktop version and the latest nwjs but it just crashed so I went back to the old version. However now C3 won't start at all. First I got a message that I've been using a newer version of NWJS or something. So I deleted what I had in appData for nwjs but it didn't help and now nothing happens when I try to run C3. I have tried everything but can't get it to work again. Tried downloading the latest version but doesn't work either anymore.

Any idea what I can do to go back to the old version again?

• I think I've correctly identified the crashing issue and reported it to the NWjs dev team.

As some of you already found out. It only seems to occur with NWjs v0.45.0+. I'd recommend using NWjs v0.44.X until it's fixed.

• Thank You.

• On a separate note from the above issues, is there any way to change 'chrome settings' in the exe/anywhere (I'm using an older construct3-win64-c73-stable) desktop solution.

The problem I'm having is the colors are dull relative to how they should be, and discovered that was a chrome color profile issue, which I could change in the browser, but those changes didn't carry over into the construct editor.

It's especially frustrating when I want to take screenshots during debug but the colors are all off, and personally the browser version is very inconvenient/not realistic for me to use.

• SwiftIllusion

You can try changing the "chromium-args" property of package.json. Here you can find all the chromium flags you can use https://peter.sh/experiments/chromium-command-line-switches/.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • DiegoM Thanks so much, that worked perfectly :)!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 2 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 2 guests)