Chrome mobile vs APK performance

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Firebase: Analytics, Dynamic Links, Remote Config, Performance, Crashlytics on Android, iOS & Web Browser
  • So for years we were told it’s the GPU blacklist or a driver issue...and it wasn’t?

Test your app you posted about in your previous thread, see if it plays smoothly now.

• Just a heads up, make sure you do any testing in r247+, since we fixed a separate issue potentially causing jank in the WebView in that release.

I tested the same S8 Galaxy with the R249 and still stutters the same, big jumps and stutters. It didn't make any difference in my case but it's nice to see that it's been at least testing new things to fix the issue with Android.

Here is the video:

Though I will need to delete it soon as I need the space on my Dropbox its nearly full

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vi43oq4noou4uzx/android%20stutters2.mp4?dl=0

Here is the APK:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b0var4nrimeeopg/chromevsapk.android.debug%20%281%29.apk?dl=0

• tarek2 can you please test this file on you mobile (both in browser and APK form)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uAu975guxFsdfZt7zknQbdZCyKJzcbC7/view

Also,a small point to be remembered:- before export,in project settings, set loader style to "progress bar and logo"

And if possible then please share the APK so that I can also test it

Sorry, I didn't have much time for doing the test but I think we should just keep using that simple test that it been shared on the thread so we follow all one demo and it clearly shows the stutters plus has no events, I think it's perfect as its the simplest you can get to show the issue, but it looks for some the issue has been fixed already so not sure what to think any more.

• I tested the same S8 Galaxy with the R249 and still stutters the same, big jumps and stutters. It didn't make any difference in my case but it's nice to see that it's been at least testing new things to fix the issue with Android.

Yeah, it's still very noticeable here. Would be nice if we still gathered examples with jankiness and contacted chromium team.

Sorry, I didn't have much time for doing the test but I think we should just keep using that simple test that it been shared on the thread so we follow all one demo and it clearly shows the stutters plus has no events, I think it's perfect as its the simplest you can get to show the issue, but it looks for some the issue has been fixed already so not sure what to think any more.

This is a good plan, keep it simple and the same. Makes it easier for everyone involved.

Good work!

• Basically, WebView sucks

• Basically, WebView sucks

Did you export your app from latest C3 beta? Does it still display jankiness?

• I'm having the same problem too

I've two projects 2.1mb and 22mb both are working perfectly on chrome but showing Jankiness in Android APK.

Please! anybody help me.

Thank You :-)

• > Basically, WebView sucks

Did you export your app from latest C3 beta? Does it still display jankiness?

As far as I know,his case is different. His mobile GPU is blacklisted. Nothing to do with our case. Our case is issue for all android users(some have janking issues).

But if the android issue remains persistent,what will happen in future? I mean ,such things never happen with games made in other engines

• Does anyone know the state of the list of devices that we tried to compile?

It could be good to send it to the chromium devs even though it may only contain one device 😅

I hope the issue will be solved. It's a bit problematic to release on android as long as the jankiness exists.

Let me know if I can help, even though I don't have any android devices.

It could be good to send it to the chromium devs even though it may only contain one device 😅

I hope the issue will be solved. It's a bit problematic to release on android as long as the jankiness exists.

Not related to the topic,was doggy able to eat the whole pizza ?

These were the devices I collected, but the Jank is much better after beta r248

Samsung Galaxy A20e (OS 10) Mali-G71

Samsung Galaxy S9 SM-G9600 (OS 10)

Redmi 5 (OS 8.1.0) Adreno (TM) 506

Alcatel A3XL (OS 7.0) Mali-T720

• These were the devices I collected, but the Jank is much better after beta r248

Samsung Galaxy A20e (OS 10) Mali-G71

Samsung Galaxy S9 SM-G9600 (OS 10)

Redmi 5 (OS 8.1.0) Adreno (TM) 506

Alcatel A3XL (OS 7.0) Mali-T720

cesisco do you have videos showing the level of jank for those devices?

If I can get the example projects used I can test them on iPhone and we can compare the platforms.

• > These were the devices I collected, but the Jank is much better after beta r248

> Samsung Galaxy A20e (OS 10) Mali-G71

> Samsung Galaxy S9 SM-G9600 (OS 10)

> Redmi 5 (OS 8.1.0) Adreno (TM) 506

> Alcatel A3XL (OS 7.0) Mali-T720

cesisco do you have videos showing the level of jank for those devices?

If I can get the example projects used I can test them on iPhone and we can compare the platforms.

Hey Vikingvikingviking, I don't have videos, but after r248 , the difference between Chrome mobile and APK is minimal on these devices using the C3 project from my first post on this thread.

• cesisco do you feel the problem is solved for those devices as of r248?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • cesisco do you feel the problem is solved for those devices as of r248?

The APK overall performance is not flawless, but is very similar to chrome on that same device, and that's the point that we should focus on.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)