Change of direction with the advent of javascript ?

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Rotate & Animation for 16 Direction & Mouse Direction
  • Hello, I would like to know if with the advent of javascript the developers of Construct 3 will continue to work on visual programming or will they only focus on real pure and hard javascript programming? I have been teaching myself again on javascript and it's too complicated for me, I'm afraid that Construct 3 will become inaccessible for me. Thank you in advance for your answers.

• It could have the opposite effect if it enables programmers to develop addons easier!

• As many people will program in JavaScript in construct 3, at some point I'm afraid he'll give up visual programming, before construct 3 was a program to create games with only visual programming, it was adapted for people like me who find real programming difficult, now I have fears that construct 3 developers are focusing on using Javascript because it is probably this function that has been asked for the most by programmers, I am sure there are on construct 3 more people who will prefer to program in JavaScript.

• I doubt they´ll give up visual programming. Javascript is just meant to supplement, not to replace.

• Thank you for your answer, I am reassured.

• I wouldn't worry too much. It's more of a feature for advanced users that needs a bit more flexibility. You can already use Javascript already, in the forms of creating plugins, and also by use of browser object to execute JS code, and some other 3rd party plugins. This new feature just makes it easier to make use of JS from within the engine directly.

And from what I understand it will be an addon sold seperately for those who find it useful.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • This was specifically addressed in the blog post announcement:

We are well aware that not programming has been central to the design of Construct since Construct 2... We're still committed to this approach and also fully intend to keep developing features for events.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)