Can't publish Android App Bundle, says Target API is 30 and needs to be 31.

0 favourites
  • 15 posts
From the Asset Store
30 high-quality 2D monsters. This asset is perfect for a side scrolling game, or even a turn based RPG type game.
  • Hi! Just tried to upload a new app to Google Play but after uploading my signed app bundle I get an error that it is targeting API level 30 instead of 31 and it does not let me continue.

I use the stable release of C3.

Tagged:

• https://developer.android.com/google/play/requirements/target-sdk

Meet Google Play's target API level requirement

When you upload an APK, it must meet Google Play’s target API level requirements.

New apps must target Android 12 (API level 31) or higher; except for Wear OS apps, which must target Android 11 (API level 30) or higher.

Starting in November 2022, app updates must target API level 31 or above and adjust for behavioral changes in Android 12; except for Wear OS apps, which must target API level 30 or higher.

• Thanks! I did search before posting (target api) but got tons of results that didn't match my search, so I created a new one.

• It's fine, but this has been one of the most discussed topics the last days with several threads. It was also in the official release notes.

You have two options.

-You can build with latest beta.

-or maybe (cordova) export with latest stable, amend the config files and re-import to the Export Manager. But then you will miss out some features (new splashscreen etc)

• Hi! Just tried to upload a new app to Google Play but after uploading my signed app bundle I get an error that it is targeting API level 30 instead of 31 and it does not let me continue.

I use the stable release of C3.

You shouldn't be getting anything stop you. I just uploaded an app bundle with api level 30. I seen an error but it still let me publish.

• > Hi! Just tried to upload a new app to Google Play but after uploading my signed app bundle I get an error that it is targeting API level 30 instead of 31 and it does not let me continue.

>

> I use the stable release of C3.

You shouldn't be getting anything stop you. I just uploaded an app bundle with api level 30. I seen an error but it still let me publish.

Updates with 30 is still allowed, until november I think. But not new apps must target over 30, since August.

But the easiest way is just to export with the new beta, or wait until new stable C3 release.

• The major problem I am getting since API 32 is in app products are not being found. The other app I have which is API 30 the in app purchases work.

Since API 32 I get the error message product does not exist, when it does, and is setup in play store backend as well.

• Is it a new app, or an updated app?

Starting on August 2, 2022, all new apps must use Billing Library version 4 or newer. I believe Construct still uses Billing3, if you don't manually have bumped it.

Google just released Billing5..

But if you are updating an old app I cannot see why it should not work. IT should be allowed to update until November.

• Is it a new app, or an updated app?

Starting on August 2, 2022, all new apps must use Billing Library version 4 or newer. I believe Construct still uses Billing3, if you don't manually have bumped it.

Google just released Billing5..

But if you are updating an old app I cannot see why it should not work. IT should be allowed to update until November.

Its a new app.. so now the billing is out of date in construct 3 what do I do? Does that mean I have to wait for a newer version on construct? I usually export as a signed APK from construct 3 itself.

• Just an update on the billing thing. Its bit odd because Billing is ok on my mobile device and tablet but on bluestacks emulator it is still saying product not found.

I am a bit baffled by that.

• It is normally a lot of stuff that don't work exactly the same in an emulator. IAP used to be one of those things. So this doesn't surprise me.

If it works on your real device you should be fine I think.

• I used the beta to build it and it works, thanks. :)

IAP seems to work for now on my new app but I noticed that the enite app was stuck and not responding when I opened the layout with the IAP prices displayed.

MobileIAP.ProductPrice("itemname")

But now after about one day it seems to work and show the prices.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Today they will release a new version on IAP. GoogleBilling v4.

So maybe you should release your app after the new beta today.

• Use construct beta editor.construct.met/r307

I had.the same problem

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)